Morgan dime

This forum is for the discussion of USA coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

Morgan dime

Postby justoneguy » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:53 pm

Here's an ebay listing for a 1879 dime morgan head.
Got 5 grand to spare??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390518628065?ru ... 26_rdc%3D1
We can ignore reality but we can’t ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

The truth will set you free,
but first it's really going to piss you off.
justoneguy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Morgan dime

Postby beauanderos » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:49 pm

Barry does. Buy it, Barry.... please? Man, I would love to own that piece... don't ask me what I'd do with it, it just looks cool!

Why don't we start up a virtual museum of our finest pieces, so that our membership can appreciate what our cumulative purchasing power has achieved?
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby scyther » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:17 pm

Huh... I thought either you or the seller made a mistake, but sure enough, that is a Morgan dime...
267,500 pennies and 186,000 nickels searched. Hand sorter.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby rsk1963 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:19 pm

beauanderos wrote:Why don't we start up a virtual museum of our finest pieces, so that our membership can appreciate what our cumulative purchasing power has achieved?

I kinda like this!
those that sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither

the bee...gathers it's materials from the flowers of the garden and of the field, but transforms and digests it by a power of it's own.
rsk1963
Post Hoarder

Postby henrysmedford » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:24 pm

You can see all kinks of pattern coins here. http://uspatterns.stores.yahoo.net
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Sullysullinburg » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:58 pm

On the bright side there is free shipping!
Sullysullinburg
Penny Collector Member

Postby messymessy » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:55 am

I never new such a thing existed.
messymessy
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby barrytrot » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:56 am

It's a neat coin although it doesn't look like it has as much "color" in hand.

Also, I'm out of the coin buying game for now. I have been out for 10 months and it feels pretty good :) I don't see myself buying any numismatic coins for the foreseeable future.
barrytrot

Postby ihavecoins » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:54 am

That seller has some good inventory!
www.ihavecoins.com
Buying and selling numismatic and bullion
ihavecoins
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:16 am

barrytrot wrote:It's a neat coin although it doesn't look like it has as much "color" in hand.

Also, I'm out of the coin buying game for now. I have been out for 10 months and it feels pretty good :) I don't see myself buying any numismatic coins for the foreseeable future.

You quit cold turkey style. I see it as human nature to strive to complete things. Coin collecting is a hobby that lends itself nicely to this.

I'd like to know more about the thought process and decision to stop. The pro's and con's as you weighed them. Seems like a nice paragraph that I'd like to read if your up to the typing.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby daviscfad » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:33 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:
barrytrot wrote:It's a neat coin although it doesn't look like it has as much "color" in hand.

You quit cold turkey style. I see it as human nature to strive to complete things. Coin collecting is a hobby that lends itself nicely to this.

I'd like to know more about the thought process and decision to stop. The pro's and con's as you weighed them. Seems like a nice paragraph that I'd like to read if your up to the typing.

+1 to the what made you stop. I have noticed this a lot with the long term members
Spencer Davis

Learning, Turning, & Earning

inquiring minds want to know!

Old Feedback Thread
daviscfad
Super Post Hoarder

Postby uthminsta » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:42 pm

Not to hijack the thread, but...
Rodebaugh wrote: I see it as human nature to strive to complete things. Coin collecting is a hobby that lends itself nicely to this.

This is a huge idea. Paragraph?! There is a book in this!

Rodebaugh wrote:I'd like to know more about the thought process and decision to stop. The pro's and con's as you weighed them. Seems like a nice paragraph that I'd like to read if your up to the typing.

+1.

Over the years, I too have seen this happen in me. Although, I usually see it not as quitting, but as a shift. Something is important, and we allot much of our time, learning, and resources toward it. Then something else comes in its place. It is also important, for lack of a better word. And we find that there is not room for both in our mind. We find we cannot have two primary focii. One (be it a hobby, pastime, passion, responsibility, anything) rises to the fore, and the other, while previously of tantamount importance... just... fades. It is never gone completely, though. There always comes a time, a new chapter, a new season, where that first thing may resurface and take prominence once more. And when it does, that shift, that swing... It can be subtle or it can be like a light going off or coming on. In fact, that may be just it: it is BOTH a light coming on and another going off.
uthminsta

Return to USA Numismatics