1946 S Wheat cent

This forum is for the discussion of USA coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

1946 S Wheat cent

Postby hobo finds » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:13 pm

Got a 1946 s wheat back in change today. Like I posted about the 1930 cent I found in a coinstar, here is what was happining in 1946... http://www.fsmitha.com/time/1946.htm
hobo finds
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: 1946 S Wheat cent

Postby Thogey » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:29 pm

Cool. Thanks.

Very interesting. I didn't realize the US had tested a nuclear device that soon after the end of the war.

The information might be skewed but it indicates the US began sabre rattling before the USSR did or it could mean the USSR wanted no part of a conflict at this time (because we were detonating nukes for the fun of it..
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to USA Numismatics