Practice with the New Camera

This forum is for the discussion of USA coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

Practice with the New Camera

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:52 am

Well still trying to figure out the size of the pic I can get away with here. Here's half of a 1943 Steel Wheat. Plated, I'm sure!
TheJonasCollegeFund
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Practice with the New Camera

Postby abe » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:58 pm

It can't be no more than 300 mpixels wide. I tried putting on here that was 302 and it wouldn't let me.
Got Laminated Lincolns? Give me a buzz.
abe
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:15 pm

abe wrote:It can't be no more than 300 mpixels wide. I tried putting on here that was 302 and it wouldn't let me.

Yeah when did this change?......and I would like to voice that it sucks.

Have fun squinting at coins in the buy it now threads.

I am sure there is a tech reason behind it. But I am also sure that it's like every other problem.......nothing a little FRN won't fix ;)

So what gives Admins? quick everyone put their rings together and call for captin planet TPTB
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Country » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:48 pm

I saw this change last night and posted my inquiry to the admin folks. I came up with the following workaround.

Use a thumbnail image for a clickable URL. Clicking the thumbnail points to the full screen URL that has your larger photo. Note: the thumbnail must be within the 300x300 pixel limitation that our administrator has set up.

The BBC code format is as follows:

[url=LARGE_PHOTO.gif][img]THUMBNAIL.gif[/img][/url]
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby JadeDragon » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:19 pm

We limited the size to solve some issues but have taken the limit off again. Everything should be exactly as before.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby Rodebaugh » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:24 am

JadeDragon wrote:We limited the size to solve some issues but have taken the limit off again. Everything should be exactly as before.

hip hip hurray!!!! We love Jade. :P
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Return to USA Numismatics