Question about 2017 half dollar

This forum is for the discussion of USA coin and paper money collecting that is unrelated to saving bulk Copper Bullion Penny, Nickel & CuNi Bullion Nickel, or Silver Coins for metal content. Feel free to post scheduled coins shows.

Question about 2017 half dollar

Postby JerrySpringer » Sat May 25, 2024 10:34 am

Picked up some loose half dollars the other day at the bank. Noticed the 2017 half dollar is slightly concave on the obverse ( face ) side. Is this a redesign feature?
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Question about 2017 half dollar

Postby Recyclersteve » Mon May 27, 2024 3:17 pm

Not a clue, but I too am interested to hear what is said on this subject.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby coindood » Mon May 27, 2024 7:32 pm

In 2015 the Mint went back to the recessed design of the early years. It's a subtle but welcome change to the "flat" obverse we had for so long.
coindood
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby JerrySpringer » Tue May 28, 2024 11:08 am

coindood wrote:In 2015 the Mint went back to the recessed design of the early years. It's a subtle but welcome change to the "flat" obverse we had for so long.

Thanks. It is aesthetically more pleasing to look at than the flat obverse. I also like the quarter Washington's cameo redesign too.
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to USA Numismatics