Good economic news thread, anybody?

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Good economic news thread, anybody?

Postby Delawhere Jack » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:09 pm

There has to be some good news somewhere. If you see good news, post it here.
I've gone Galt. Obama and all the other commie's can kiss my a....
Delawhere Jack
Post Hoarder

Re: Good economic news thread, anybody?

Postby henrysmedford » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:35 pm

Boise Cascade adding 40 new jobs to mills in Medford area
MEDFORD, Ore. — Boise Cascade is adding 40 positions to its Western Oregon Region mills in Medford, White City and Willamina.

The Medford Mail Tribune (http://bit.ly/xju5RZ ) reports the new hires plus nine people recalled from layoffs will boost Boise's regional employee count to 580.

Boise had cut its staff in the region last October because of a prolonged housing slump and financial hard times. Boise Cascade spokesman R.J. Roberts said the wood products firm has increased market share for its plywood and engineered wood panels both in domestic and Canadian markets, which has created a need to produce more veneer.

Wes Hunt, 29, was glad to get the phone call telling him to come back to work at the Medford plywood plant after volunteering to be laid off last October.

"It was my first real job," he said. "I was excited to come back and see everyone. There were others on unemployment for a long time, and they need insurance for their families."
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby NHsorter » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:28 pm

In just over a year we will have a new president sworn in. Now that is some good news!
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Beau » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:23 pm

NHsorter wrote:In just over a year we will have a new president sworn in. Now that is some good news!

WHO WILL HE BE? :lol:
my old feedback

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=446

Beau
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Delawhere Jack » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:29 pm

Beau wrote:
NHsorter wrote:In just over a year we will have a new president sworn in. Now that is some good news!

WHO WILL HE BE? :lol:

Can't say for sure, but he will undoubtedly be a Jive Turkey. I know that doesn't help narrow it down much.
I've gone Galt. Obama and all the other commie's can kiss my a....
Delawhere Jack
Post Hoarder

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions