Anyone know what's going on in North Dakota?

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Anyone know what's going on in North Dakota?

Postby mbailey1234 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:58 pm

Sounds like the next big "oil rush" is on in North Dakota. One of my buddies told me about an interesting article from the USGS about the huge amount of oil that they have discovered up there. The articles from 2008 but there seems to be a lot of activity going on up there. We are in SE IA and I know some guys that are heading up there for work. It will be interesting to see what they have to say in a couple of months.

http://www.usgs.gov/newsroom/article.asp?ID=1911

If O-bomb-ya can get his head out of his butt, it may be something that could really help turn things around here in the US if we can get weaned off of the foreign supply. Why isn't the media covering any of this :?:
mbailey1234
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Anyone know what's going on in North Dakota?

Postby aloneibreak » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:53 pm

ive heard you can make good money driving truck up there

i was just reading this article earlier tonight...

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-0 ... -soar.html
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby Engineer » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:47 am

There's good money working up there, but a housing shortage and high rents to go along with it. Don't even think about buying a house, because as soon as the oil fields move on the prices will crash back down to reality. I've lived through a couple oil busts, and they're not pretty.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby texcollex » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:36 pm

I was thinking of taking a job up there last Summer but couldn't find housing or even a place to park an RV.
texcollex
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Beau » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:08 pm

yea it looks good but wait til Obummer will not let them lay a pipeline to Texas.
my old feedback

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=446

Beau
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions