We Are This Far From A Turnkey Totalitarian State" - Big Bro

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Re: We Are This Far From A Turnkey Totalitarian State" - Big

Postby Engineer » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:09 am

Implanting the chips on license plates would enable real-time monitoring of all vehicles by positioning tracking stations at key points throughout the state. The main interest behind the bill is to generate automated ticket for drivers whose vehicle registration, emissions or insurance certification may have lapsed for a day or two.

I'm thinking that particular portion of my license plate would get mangled before it went on the car...and there might be a market for an electro-magnetic pulse license plate zapper in the near future.

Did I mention destructive testing is my specialty? :mrgreen:
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Redneck » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:29 am

Engineer wrote:
Implanting the chips on license plates would enable real-time monitoring of all vehicles by positioning tracking stations at key points throughout the state. The main interest behind the bill is to generate automated ticket for drivers whose vehicle registration, emissions or insurance certification may have lapsed for a day or two.

I'm thinking that particular portion of my license plate would get mangled before it went on the car...and there might be a market for an electro-magnetic pulse license plate zapper in the near future.

Did I mention destructive testing is my specialty? :mrgreen:

If it is disabled, it will stick out like a sore thumb in a sea of fingers. They already have license scanner technology in some police cars. If your tag doesn't have a readable chip you'll probably get a warning first time and the next time a $500 dollar fine. Then a $1000 fine,then a $2000 and loss of driving privileges for 90 days and then if that still wasn't enough, I'm sure the next time would be the last. My guess would be confiscation of the vehicle by the state, $10'000 fine and possible mandatory jail time as a habitual offender which could be considered a felony.

Take my word, "Resistance Is Futile. You Will Be Assimilated!"

The state having this kind of technology will allow them to do things that you can't even imagine. Oh, and since the police won't have to set up speed traps anymore it will give them more time to write up really important tickets for seat belt infractions and the like.

Ultimately though, it will allow them to pursue the really evil things, like the up and coming "thought" crimes.

>
Redneck
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby IdahoCopper » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:30 am

The US Supreme Court has ruled many times that a drivers license and motor vehicle registration are not required, unless one is engaged in a commercial enterprise on the public right-of-way.

What is the public right-of-way? That term means the public (We The People) have a Right to travel and to take our property with us. The Supremes have also ruled many times, in many different types of cases, that Rights cannot be licensed nor taxed.

Ghandi had the correct path to freedom in a case like this. Massive public disobedience. If that law is passed, and 25% or more of all the car owners in CT went down to the DMV and turned in their drivers license and vehicle plates, the law would be unenforceable.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby RichardPenny43 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:56 pm

Many already carry a RFID with them.
RichardPenny43
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Previous

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions