Trading/Investment Thread

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Re: Trading/Investment Thread

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:46 pm

beauanderos wrote:
68Camaro wrote:With my more conservative approach, I won't be restarting with any significant paper trading again until we get back up to gold in the 1800s and silver in the upper 30s.

You mean tomorrow? :shock: :mrgreen: :lol:

It's possible! (But I think not tomorrow.)
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby NHsorter » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:29 am

I just dumped a huge chunk (huge for me) of change into NUGT this morning. I could not help it when I saw it trading for under 17.40

Lets hope we start heading up from here. What do you guys think?
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:36 pm

NHsorter wrote:I just dumped a huge chunk (huge for me) of change into NUGT this morning. I could not help it when I saw it trading for under 17.40

Lets hope we start heading up from here. What do you guys think?

I think TPTB have trading algorithms that suppress the gold stocks as well as bullion. At least I've read lots of articles claiming that. I was actually thinking of getting out of my NUGT and UGLD and dumping it into USLV. I'm really getting tired of the bloodletting.I did buy some fracs today, whereupon the price of silver promptly dumped another dollar.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby beauanderos » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:33 am

I'm now "all in," actually have been for a few weeks. Every share I have in my sheltered accounts is triple-leveraged silver, USLV. Sold all my NUGT, sold all my UGLD. They just weren't performing to expectations, thanks to the market suppression algorithms da boyz employ every day. Been reading Ranting Andy Hoffmann for a few weeks now, he who for five years was a mining analyst/consultant. He got completely out of miners last year and went physical. I understand the silver markets better than gold, so no point in diworsesification as Buffett says. Put all your eggs in one basket, and then watch that basket verrrry closely. Actually sold a bit of USLV into the rise today and converted back to AGQ, so I can initiate another position when da boys hammer the markets again. 8-)
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby fasteddy » Mon May 14, 2012 3:00 pm

NHsorter wrote:I just dumped a huge chunk (huge for me) of change into NUGT this morning. I could not help it when I saw it trading for under 17.40

Are you still in? I would be bleeding from my eyeballs if I was.
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby Country » Mon May 14, 2012 3:09 pm

I bought some CEF today. I'll scale in to buy more if the price falls further.
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby Country » Mon May 14, 2012 3:12 pm

fasteddy wrote:

Are you still in? I would be bleeding from my eyeballs if I was.

Yikes - NUGT (3X bull GOLD miners) is trading at $8.95 at the close today... :shock:
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby NHsorter » Mon May 14, 2012 10:04 pm

I have jumped in and out of NUGT as it has been falling off the cliff. Holding DUST a few times along the way has helped. I'm way down since the new year, but still above board if you go back 12 mos. Still time to squeak out a win in 2012. Staying positive!
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby deacon » Tue May 15, 2012 10:04 pm

Whoa, Miners are in the house of pain.
Edit: Nevermind, they are coming back with a vengeance.
Last edited by deacon on Fri May 18, 2012 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deacon
Penny Collector Member

Postby NHsorter » Fri May 18, 2012 8:54 am

Thanks to this PM rebound, my stock account balance is now only down 25% for the year!! :D :oops: :D
Last edited by NHsorter on Fri May 18, 2012 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Fri May 18, 2012 9:14 am

Just picked up 100 AGQ and added a trailing stop loss of 3 points. (I know its narrow, but I want to limit my downside risk on this trade)

I'll adjust it next week if needed.

Edit to add: PPS @ $41.86 w/ front end commission.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby rsk1963 » Fri May 18, 2012 11:18 am

Slightly off subject but I've been watching oil etfs lately. what sort of bottom are people thinking for the oil markets, they've come down about 20 % from their highs and might slide a little more, I was thinking somewhere around 85$ per barrel that'd put the etf UCO around 31.50 for my "bottom", thoughts opinions?
those that sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither

the bee...gathers it's materials from the flowers of the garden and of the field, but transforms and digests it by a power of it's own.
rsk1963
Post Hoarder

Postby Oakair » Tue May 22, 2012 11:22 pm

Ok...I've got a dividend play for you guys:

SNH

http://www.google.com/finance?client=ob&q=NYSE:SNH

Any ideas on it?

And I've been watching UCO as well, but I fear (as if it's any sort of bad thing) that oil will fall into the summer and only mid summer wil it bounce...it's just a strange feeling, based mostly on suppositions of an increasing usd, but I'm unsure as to the correlation between the two, am merely postulating what I would figure to be the case...

USLV has been watched constantly by me, and I missed this bounce, but am figuring that we will see a break through 26 within the next 2 weeks...so I'm not too worried (except, of course, about how to play the volatility after that support is broken or if I would even risk it...)
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Previous

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions