Register your garden?

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Register your garden?

Postby moparal7 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:17 pm

moparal7
Penny Collector Member

Re: Register your garden?

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:48 am

Thanks for posting this. Interesting article. I will not enter into any state fair contests on my wine for the same reason. It's none of their damn business.

What a change 50 years can make. I remember back when helping the government helped us all (or so it seemed). Now so many people are suspicious of government intrusion, and with good reason.

This spring garden was my best ever! Tomatoes bigger than baseballs. Best cabbages & cauliflower. Purple hull peas galore! Lots of good stuff! Now it's turned hot and the red spider mites are doing their annual onslaught. I got all other garden pests within a natural balance with their predators, but nothing seems to stop the mites.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Register your garden?

Postby knibloe » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:34 am

We have a small farm. Small as in under 5K in sales and rarely make any profit.

Every year we get a "voluntary" survey from the USDA. Voluntary as in if you do not mail it in, they call your house for the info. Voluntary as in if you do not answer the call, they send an agent to your door.

We have never sent the form in, but do give vague answers to the phone call. I don't need the agent showing up.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions