What's up DHS's sleeve?

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

What's up DHS's sleeve?

Postby moparal7 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:43 pm

moparal7
Penny Collector Member

Re: What's up DHS's sleeve?

Postby wheeler_dealer » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:07 am

They are getting ready. What's happening in Europe is headed here soon.
wheeler_dealer
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby jasonI » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:33 am

According to the theories I have heard they will need all of these munitions to shoot the folks who will refuse to be herded into FEMA camps to be "reeducated" :shock:
"The right to be let alone is indeed the beginning of all freedom." – Justice William O. Douglas
jasonI
Penny Sorter Member

Postby natsb88 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:15 am

They recently contracted a ton of .40 ammo too. Like up to 450 million rounds. Hollow point.

Don't the Geneva conventions prohibit hollow points on the battle field? The military doesn't issue many .40 cals. Training exercises are done with full metal jackets. We only use around 5.5 million rounds a year in Iraq, combined rifle and handgun. The DHS is supposed to be a domestic agency.

What on earth do they need 450 million rounds of hollow point .40 for?
natsb88
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:47 am

40 cal hollow point is used by law enforcement, not military. The real question is why that much. If you're training you don't need hollow point.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Mossy » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:42 pm

People who talk about FEMA camps forget how much infrastructure is needed to support such a place. Who are they going to buy food from if all the farmers are behind bars? Who is going to drive trucks?
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Thogey » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:08 pm

68Camaro wrote:40 cal hollow point is used by law enforcement, not military. The real question is why that much. If you're training you don't need hollow point.

The Feds always shoot JHP. I talked to a retired Secret Service guy , he told me they always went to the range with Ni plated hollow point. Price is no object.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:17 pm

Yeah. I thought about that after I posted. They will spend the money to practice with what they shoot. In which case the amount of ammo isn't unusual given the number of officers and their training shoots.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby jasonI » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:11 pm

Mossy wrote:People who talk about FEMA camps forget how much infrastructure is needed to support such a place. Who are they going to buy food from if all the farmers are behind bars? Who is going to drive trucks?

My guesstimation, based on no facts or hard evidence, is that 95+% of the sheeple will fall right into line with what the government tells them to do when push comes to bullets, and the country could chug on along unharmed with 5% of the population locked up. The FEMA camp stuff is a little too far out there for me, but it is still fun to play along with a good conspiracy theory when the opportunity arises :D
"The right to be let alone is indeed the beginning of all freedom." – Justice William O. Douglas
jasonI
Penny Sorter Member

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions