What to Do When – Not If – Inflation Gets Out of Hand

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

What to Do When – Not If – Inflation Gets Out of Hand

Postby reddirtcoins » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:02 pm

"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: What to Do When – Not If – Inflation Gets Out of Hand

Postby BamaJoe » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:04 pm

interesting, I've never broke it down in that much detail. I'm good for 5 years in gold, but need to keep bumping up my silver.
If you are waiting for the "correction" to buy you need to realize that the increasing prices ARE the correction.

$100 Silver soon coming to a location near you.
BamaJoe
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby shinnosuke » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:43 pm

BamaJoe wrote:interesting, I've never broke it down in that much detail. I'm good for 5 years in gold, but need to keep bumping up my silver.

Thanks for letting us know, Joe. Hey guys, party at Joe's house if the SHTF! I'll bring the chips and dip.

Seriously, I think we won't be pricing things in dollars when hyper-inflation kicks in. We'll be on IMF Special Drawing Rights or some other such nonsense to pacify the natives. And walking around with gold in your pocket may not be a wise idea. Bartering or copper pennies will be safer.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby BamaJoe » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:48 am

shinnosuke wrote:
BamaJoe wrote:interesting, I've never broke it down in that much detail. I'm good for 5 years in gold, but need to keep bumping up my silver.

Thanks for letting us know, Joe. Hey guys, party at Joe's house if the SHTF! I'll bring the chips and dip.

Seriously, I think we won't be pricing things in dollars when hyper-inflation kicks in. We'll be on IMF Special Drawing Rights or some other such nonsense to pacify the natives. And walking around with gold in your pocket may not be a wise idea. Bartering or copper pennies will be safer.

You better bring shovels and heavy digging equipment along if you want to find anything. Oh, and you better be ready to dig in several countys. a few states AND a couple of foreign counties. :lol:
If you are waiting for the "correction" to buy you need to realize that the increasing prices ARE the correction.

$100 Silver soon coming to a location near you.
BamaJoe
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby NHsorter » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:57 am

Looks like I need to do A LOT more buying & sorting if I am going to meet the requirements of these charts!
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions