Spinning Out Of Control

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Spinning Out Of Control

Postby moparal7 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:50 pm

moparal7
Penny Collector Member

Re: Spinning Out Of Control

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:04 pm

I think maybe it's all because of the electronic age. Used to, we only had the big three networks and they filtered out what they didn't want us to see.

Today, thanks to the internet, we have 24 hour access to all the latest. And fear sells on the news better than good news with warm fuzzy feelings.

Anyways, I got lots of homegrown food stored up. Maybe last two years without buying any canned veggies. Plenty of rice & beans. I can store over a thousand gallons of water in the french drain/ sump pump cistern system alone. I will just have to tuff it out on the rest of it.

The main thing I am not ready for is a nuclear exchange, but I can fix that pretty fast. I would encourage everyone to read this book: http://www.oism.org/nwss/

Biological warfare with genetically engineered germs?? I don't have a clue. I am a goner on that one.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby knibloe » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:14 am

The thing about the corn crop is real. I work with dairy farms. In the northeast, many of them are short on feed. Short feed means lower milk production, low production leads to higher milk prices. Higher prices and low feed lead to extra culling which means even tighter milk supply. It is going to get ugly for a while
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:22 am

Yes, I know. Hard times, they are a'coming. I eat too much corn anyway. (Too much is bad for you. Corn contains an enzyme that causes chronic inflammation. Chronic inflammation leads to all kinds of cardio-vascular diseases.)

Add to it the prion molecule in the meat food chain, and we all need to go vegetarian. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11592845

I am still not ready. I need to work harder at getting ready. Thanks for the info.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions