Falling Interest Rates

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Falling Interest Rates

Postby smalltimeopn » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:10 pm

I have a money market account in a local bank. I just got my Nov statement and the interest rate has dropped again. Here is a summary of the interest rate changes since the beginning of 2010:
Jan 1.736% (from 1.982% in Dec 09)
Jul 1.588%
Aug 1.440%
Oct 1.342%
Nov 1.243%
Where's the bottom?
:(
smalltimeopn
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Falling Interest Rates

Postby beauanderos » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:33 pm

Once hyperinflation kicks in (soon) the rates will quickly reverse in the other direction. Enjoy being able to afford food right now while you can. :shock:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Country » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:17 pm

Longer term interest rates are rising. 10-year Treasuries were 2.4% and are now 3.2%.

I think we're seeing the bottom right now around these levels. The FED is holding the short-term rates near 0% as a result of their massive QE effort. However, once they see abounding inflation, they are sure to raise short-term rates quickly to try to stave off the inflation that is soon to come. For those of us who hold CASH in MMs, we've got to wait longer to see higher rates, as the FED wants to create the inflation via depreciation of the dollar.
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby Beau » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:44 am

. I went to the bank last week to get a loan I asked for $7,500 they told me they didn`t loan less than $10,000.
I said OK loan me the $10,000 and I will walk over to the teller and give her back the first note at $2,500.

the loan officer said you can`t do that, you have to pay over 36 payments.
the interest rate was set at 19%.

I said no thanks I don`t need the loan, I will pay cash.

I went to my other bank they told me no problem, you got the $7,500.
I said at what interest rate? the loan officer said...14%
I said no thanks, I will pay cash.
she looked at my deposits, savings, MM`s and said why do you need the loan, you don`t owe anything, and your accounts have a lot of money ,
I said exactly if I don`t owe anything I have no credit if needed.

what are the banks doing with all the bailout money.
RIPPING GOOD CUSTOMERS OFF.

they didn`t know it but I was going to pull all the money out of one bank and most out of the other bank and leave that account open to have my paychecks deposited in that account. I was going to buy PM`s with all my cash.

my old feedback

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=446

Beau
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions