Predictions: How Long Do We Have?

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Predictions: How Long Do We Have?

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:43 pm

This old story has been ringing in my ears ever since Monday.

HOW LONG DO WE HAVE?

About the time of our original thirteen states adopted their new constitution in 1787, Alexander Tyler, a Scottish history professor at the University of Edinburgh, had this to say about the fall of the Athenian Republic some 2,000 years earlier:

"A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government."

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury."

"From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship."

"The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the beginning of history, has been about 200 years."

"During those 200 years, those nations always progressed through the following sequence:

1.) From bondage to spiritual faith;
2.) From spiritual faith to great courage;
3.) From courage to liberty;
4.) From liberty to abundance;
5.) From abundance to complacency;
6.) From complacency to apathy;
7.) From apathy to dependence;
8.) From dependence back into bondage."

With everything going on in America these last few years. From wars, to wikileaks, to financial meltdowns, to bailouts, etc., etc... Make your own predictions.

HOW LONG DO WE HAVE?
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Predictions: How Long Do We Have?

Postby beauanderos » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:11 pm

Two years, three if we're lucky. :roll:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Lemon Thrower » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:27 pm

i don't think we ever had a democracy.

we haven't had the country envisioned by the Constitution since 1860, and you could make a case for 1789.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby fb101 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:11 am

we've moved from 5 to 7 in my lifetime.
doesn't bode well
fb101

Postby Country » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:48 am

When the dollar finally crashes, that will be the time when the majority of America will be in bondage. How long will it be when QEx is finally preceived by the FED as a failure? I think we can't go on printing fiat much longer, but maybe the FED has more to do. I give it a few months before the dollar breaks the old low of the dollar index and tumbles further. The FED wants inflation by depreciating the dollar and that is what they get. Current thinking is all they need do is raise interest rates big time to stem the inflation they create.

A couple years time is about all we got until a facist government (business and government joined together blessed by the judiciary) moves in earnest to put the entire population in bondage as the economy collapses. What will be the catchwords to mobilize the loyalty of the people when the Constitution and Bill of Rights are suspended, Homeland security morphs into the KGB, Congress is sent home no longer needed, and a government dictatorship is the law of the land?
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby Tourney64 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:52 pm

The answer to your question, is by the end of April 2011 we will either turn back the clocks and begin to stop the madness or plunge into bondage dependent soley on govenment for our everyday survival. We have massive debt, that has to be resold and we will be competing with other country to refinance. China has already started to shift away from buying US treasuries. Who will buy our debt? Interest rates are starting to head back up, which will further hurt the economy. We have several states that are worse off financially than any of the EURO countries and would require larger bailouts. California is the 5th largest economy in the world. Should every state sacrafice and help bail out California for their stupid liberal policies that are destroying their state financially? Probably won't happen. Food control and media control have been and are being put in place by those in power. Starting to look more like a Marxist government will replace this government

We aren't a democracy, we are a Republic.

The chief characteristic and distinguishing feature of a Democracy is: Rule by Omnipotent Majority. In a Democracy, The Individual, and any group of Individuals composing any Minority, have no protection against the unlimited power of The Majority. It is a case of Majority-over-Man.

A Republic, on the other hand, has a very different purpose and an entirely different form, or system, of government. Its purpose is to control The Majority strictly, as well as all others among the people, primarily to protect The Individual’s God-given, unalienable rights and therefore for the protection of the rights of The Minority, of all minorities, and the liberties of people in general. The definition of a Republic is: a constitutionally limited government of the representative type, created by a written Constitution--adopted by the people and changeable (from its original meaning) by them only by its amendment--with its powers divided between three separate Branches: Executive, Legislative and Judicial. Here the term "the people" means, of course, the electorate.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:11 pm

Yeah, I knew I would hear about how our government is really a Republic instead of a democracy. It sure has been acting like a democracy of late. Presidents have touted it, same with other politicians. You never hear about the "Republican rule of law" except in old Supreme Court cases.

My prediction is we the people will somehow work through this mess. But, only if we go back to the "Great Courage" phase. We must get involved at the ballot box, more than ever before. We the People must take back our government from the special interest groups. It is do-able!
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby AGgressive Metal » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:37 pm

I think it all depends on the stomach of the average American male, and where he will draw a line in the sand when it comes to Marxist, feminist, atheist, internationalist nonsense. Unfortunately most men today do not have the intellectual or spiritual wherewithal to effectively resist the propaganda and subtle lies fed to them by television, newspapers, university, "public servants", public schools, Hollywood, etc.
And he that hath lyberte ought to kepe hit wel
For nothyng is better than lyberte
For lyberte shold not be wel sold for alle the gold and syluer of all the world
-Aesop's Fables, Caxton edition 1484

http://stores.ebay.com/commonwealthcurrency
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pdx_metal
AGgressive Metal
Realcent Moderator

Postby AGgressive Metal » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:44 pm

Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote: 1.) From bondage to spiritual faith;
2.) From spiritual faith to great courage;
3.) From courage to liberty;
4.) From liberty to abundance;
5.) From abundance to complacency;
6.) From complacency to apathy;
7.) From apathy to dependence;

8.) From dependence back into bondage."

The big banks at the top and the 40-million strong welfare class at the bottom are already at stage 7. There are a lot of people in the middle that are still at 5 or 6 because they do not realize (or do not want to admit) that the system is collapsing. A small vocal minority have already cycled into faith mode and this segment will grow (hopefully) in the near future.
And he that hath lyberte ought to kepe hit wel
For nothyng is better than lyberte
For lyberte shold not be wel sold for alle the gold and syluer of all the world
-Aesop's Fables, Caxton edition 1484

http://stores.ebay.com/commonwealthcurrency
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pdx_metal
AGgressive Metal
Realcent Moderator

Postby Delawhere Jack » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:00 pm

Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:Yeah, I knew I would hear about how our government is really a Republic instead of a democracy. It sure has been acting like a democracy of late. Presidents have touted it, same with other politicians. You never hear about the "Republican rule of law" except in old Supreme Court cases.

My prediction is we the people will somehow work through this mess. But, only if we go back to the "Great Courage" phase. We must get involved at the ballot box, more than ever before. We the People must take back our government from the special interest groups. It is do-able!

A qualification for voting should be that you are a NET payer of taxes. If you collect more from the state than you contribute, then NO VOTE FOR YOU! (Seinfeld "Soup Nazi" voice.)

But that will NEVER happen, so just get ready to hunker down, keep a low profile and be around after the dependent classes have slaughtered each other and eaten "the rich". THEN we can revisit what it means to be a representitive republic with sound money and the rule of (just) law for all.

Merry Christmas!

Oh yeah, things get REALLY UGLY within the next 12 months........ or not, how the @#$# would I know..... : )
I've gone Galt. Obama and all the other commie's can kiss my a....
Delawhere Jack
Post Hoarder

Postby fb101 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:37 pm

A qualification for voting should be that you are a NET payer of taxes. If you collect more from the state than you contribute, then NO VOTE FOR YOU!

+1 +++++++++++++++++

And no contributions whether corporation or union.
And the political advertising machines and news agencies will be held liable for the accuracy of their statements, or fined/defunded completely.
fb101

Postby IdahoCopper » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:57 am

The way the Tax Code is written, income taxes are only paid by corporations and gov't workers. The vast majority of voters are not liable, unless they were tricked into volunteering.

The way the constitutionally written tax code is enforced is completely corrupt, illegal and unconstitutional.

Basing the right to vote on paying illegitimate taxes, is just plain wrong.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions