FSLR and Solar Companies

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

FSLR and Solar Companies

Postby Oakair » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:32 am

Any thoughts?

Saw the massive drop and knew I should have bought in...seems to be on somewhat of a recovery and I definitely feel the field (if not the company per se) has significant room for growth...

Am looking for a buy and hold with no interest in short term profit
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: FSLR and Solar Companies

Postby brian0918 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:51 am

I personally wouldn't invest in solar companies, or any company that relies on government subsidy and tax incentives just to sustain its existence.
"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." -- Ayn Rand
brian0918
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Treetop » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:00 pm

Solar is a growing field and will continue to be. Im betting it will be tricky to pick the winners from the losers though. Its an field that is evolving fast. Id pick several instead of one perhaps.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:55 am

T. Boone Pickens has championed wind power. Wind power is derived from the sun. I would buy into any company he buys. He has the Midas touch when it comes to energy investments.

You could avoid some risks involved in buying just one solar company. Buy the components all solar companies must use for their products. Silver and copper are key elements used in all green energy products.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions