I am going long silver again

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

I am going long silver again

Postby barrytrot » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:44 pm

Unless my gut changes by Monday I will be taking this year's SEP IRA deposit that just hit and putting 100% of it long silver. The deposit hit my account after hours so it will be usable Monday (I think) and I'm putting every dime into dimes!

Anyone else going all in? Beunaderos you are already all in but you can still give an "aye" :)

Reasons:

I just like the current environment for silver. There isn't much downside at 31 and change and the up is an easy 40+ although I'll likely cash out at 32 knowing me :)
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: I am going long silver again

Postby beauanderos » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:47 pm

Barry... if this is a paper trade... good luck to you. We've all seen how counterintuitively silver is made to move. If you're stacking physical, you can't go wrong. All in myself :mrgreen:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby barrytrot » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:55 pm

paper yes but the fabled disconnect hasn't quite happened yet and I think it is longer than my trade time frame away.
barrytrot

Postby agmoose » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:27 pm

I wish I had that option, but as a fed employee locked into my TSP unless I quit or retire, I'm stuck. I do have a few grand elsewhere, but the bulk is in TSP. Ugh.

Good luck to you Barry, I will just keep stacking with discretionary income as I have since 2009 and hope we are both right! On a positive note, I had to upgrade to a larger storage option for my physical last week. Then that crazy boating accident happened.......starting over yet again.
agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby barrytrot » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:05 pm

Ok, I put all my "new money" into a silver trade.

Not a very bold one, mind you, but it should be a safe medium grade return for a few months.
barrytrot

Postby barrytrot » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:17 am

I just went long again. This price is just too attractive!
barrytrot

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions