Who are the companies that control world finance?

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Who are the companies that control world finance?

Postby Z00 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:22 pm

Have you ever wondered who has the most influence in world markets? Who are the Powers that get their way when it comes to affecting markets of all types?

In 2011 a Swiss group did an in depth analysis of 43,00 of the worlds largest corporations and identified 737 entities that affect the world markets and found that 147 of them had strong core influence due to interlocking ownerships and interlocking board members of these 147 companies.

Not surprising, 2/3 of these entities are financial institutions. There are sites that list the top 20 or 50 of them. I have found a copy of the spreadsheet that the group produced that lists all 737. I loaded it into a database program and extracted the core 147. If anyone is interested I can post the list here or put it up as a web page.
“Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.” ― Mark Twain

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- opening lines of 101 Things To Do 'Til The Revolution by Claire Wolfe
Z00
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions