Mint Accepting Comments

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Mint Accepting Comments

Postby johnbrickner » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:28 pm

This dated yeaterday 04/02/14

The U.S. Mint recently announced that it is accepting public comments on its mandate by Congress to produce recommendations on alternative metallic content of coins

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-blog/ ... z2xrQEsxYM
Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

I tried to find where to forward the comments to but was unable to find. Thinking we could en masse encourage the mint to discontinue the penny as the best alternative to our own benefit. Perhpas someone else who is better at finding such obscure things could locate and post where the public comments are accepted for the rest of us who would care to.

Thanks in advance,
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Re: Mint Accepting Comments

Postby knibloe » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:55 pm

Getting rid of the penny would be a double edged sword. First, it could make our CTU's more valuble, but this is not a guarantee. Second, it would take away our source for CTU's. I for one would like more time to collect before they are gone.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Postby highroller4321 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:12 am

johnbrickner wrote:This dated yeaterday 04/02/14

The U.S. Mint recently announced that it is accepting public comments on its mandate by Congress to produce recommendations on alternative metallic content of coins

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-blog/ ... z2xrQEsxYM
Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

I tried to find where to forward the comments to but was unable to find. Thinking we could en masse encourage the mint to discontinue the penny as the best alternative to our own benefit. Perhpas someone else who is better at finding such obscure things could locate and post where the public comments are accepted for the rest of us who would care to.

Thanks in advance,

I'm not sure why they are announcing this again. They had the same publication over a year ago asking for input from the vending industry.
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby reddirtcoins » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:50 am

... because they are going to take 2 more years come Nov/Dec.... This will drag out FOREVER... :lol:
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby johnbrickner » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:58 am

70 views, 3 comments (thank you all so far) and still no answer. Bump for easier viewing.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby Verbane » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:28 pm

The public comment period is specifically looking for comment concerning its intention to use opinion surveys and focus group interviews to solicit the public's views on the nation's circulating coins.

They are not looking for comments on coin or metal changes. They will use the surveys, by invitation only, to establish policy concerning coins and metals.

ADDRESSES:
Direct all written comments to Yvonne Pollard; Compliance Branch; United States Mint; 801 9th Street, NW., 6th Floor; Washington, DC 20220; (202) 354-6784 (this is not a toll-free number); YPollard@usmint.treas.gov.

Info is in the Federal Register here:
https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2014/03/18/2014-05980/new-information-collection-request-for-a-new-omb-control-number-comment-request-for-quantitative
Winner of the "2014 Thogey Award for Long Term Coin Hoarding in the Face of Spousal Skepticism". Awarded by AGgressive Metal, 8-6-2014.
Verbane
Post Hoarder

Postby johnbrickner » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:35 pm

Atta boy Verbane! I knew someone could find this better than I. Greatly appreciate.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions