They can't give them away!

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

They can't give them away!

Postby Copper Catcher » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:42 am

Books that is.... Free health care and additional welfare benefits are fine. Books...sorry no sale! No one cares about what they are saying as long as the money is flowing freely to the Sheeple.
Copper Catcher
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: They can't give them away!

Postby johnbrickner » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:45 pm

Greatly discounted, yes. But give them away, true it's a no. Each of these books are >$10 on Amazon and have >10 people wanting them for free on paperbackswap.com. While Hillary's book has almost 100 on the waiting list.

Hank Paulson's book On The Brink, appears to be one closer to no one wants it as the original new hardcover is only $4.74 @ Amazon and the 2013 edition (5 years after) only 1 person wanting it for free. But, was written 6 years ago.

My thought is there is demand but given the times, the authors, and the subject matter those in power want the information disseminated as far and wide as possible which might explain the over-publishing and price markdown? Given the sheeple don't read, it's intended to sway/persuade/brainwash those not on the dole and who do read.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby blackrabbit » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:59 pm

I feel slightly nauseous just looking at the covers of those books. Maybe people want them for their vomit inducing properties? Kind of like drinking syrup of ipecac if you are poisoned but you don't have to swallow a liquid.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:17 pm

You know what I think of their opinions?

The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Rosco » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:14 pm

beauanderos wrote:You know what I think of their opinions?

I read but not that junk
Hillary says she is broke after the white house BS
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions