How Americans Invest Their Money

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

How Americans Invest Their Money

Postby Copper Catcher » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:57 pm

Copper Catcher
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: How Americans Invest Their Money

Postby JerrySpringer » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:15 pm

In late 2008, I was still too new to metals to make any connection of a buying opportunity in silver. Even if I did, I'd probably not have a clue of going with an online dealer and might of been shut out anyway from local dealers and their fickle behavior. Lesson is, wait for blood in the streets and public disgust with a tried and true investment ( read: not Beanie Babies or Bitcoins (sorry, too speculative IMHO)). The way things look, the stock and real estate markets are forgetting their history and may be bound to repeat the corrections that happen periodically.

I guess I am surprised ( not really) to some degree that my co-workers or anyone I encounter routinely during the course of the day even give much thought to investing. I equate investing with some goal or certainty and very different from what appears the randomness all around us. The supposition is that people are working for some kind of reward. If they are investing, I wonder if most take comfort in that or are still running scared trying to make a buck?
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions