Ebola Thread!

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Re: Ebola Thread!

Postby beauanderos » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:37 am

Having worked as an RN for sixteen years in a setting where bloodborne precautions are sometimes necessary (dialysis/HepB) I can tell you
that the CDC attributing the infection of the nurse to a breach in protocol is almost certainly correct. However, I have no doubt that the PPE
offered was insufficient to the task, the staff was not correctly trained, and that there was poor oversight during the disrobing when it was
suggested inadvertent contact occured. Having read the guidelines, it would require DAYS of training to begin to feel comfortable and
competent in donning and disrobing the tyvek body suits... so that every step is perfectly adhered to and nothing overlooked.

I'd be willing to bet that few, even in the CDC, have undergone the rigorous field training required. It's a far different animal to read about something
as compared to actually doing it. Finally, you are under constant pressure to perform with the utmost haste in medical settings. I have no doubt this
sense of urgency (and fatigue) contributed to this "breach in protocol." :roll: :roll:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Treetop » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:40 pm

Engineer wrote:From what I've seen, the virus doesn't do well in dry air. With that being the case, winter may slow its spread in the US. If it reaches epidemic levels, hunkering down in the desert might be an idea to consider.

I can rent out a shed half converted to a room with electricity and also a decent almost clean camper. I dont take paper only PMs. :lol:
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Copper Catcher » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:37 am

Liberia has shortage of body bags, supplies to fight Ebola outbreak
http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/16/world/afr ... erwhelmed/
Copper Catcher

Postby Engineer » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:19 pm

More Americans have committed suicide while listening to Justin Beiber than have died from Ebola.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby hobo finds » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:17 pm

now in New York City?! The travel ban will happen soon if this is true..
hobo finds

Previous

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions