Silver takes another hit. How low will it go?

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Silver takes another hit. How low will it go?

Postby mongo » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:58 pm

Is there a logical reason other than manipulation why silver keeps going down. Im puzzled by this I would like your insights and observations. Any thoughts?
mongo
Penny Sorter Member

Re: Silver takes another hit. How low will it go?

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:09 pm

Market is favoring the dollar which is going up relative to everything else and traders are selling other stuff to put into dollars (as ridiculous as that sounds).
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby brian0918 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:32 pm

There's a whole big world out there. We PM nuts are only a small part of it. People will keep throwing good money after bad... until they can't any longer.
"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." -- Ayn Rand
brian0918
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby cupronickel » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:37 pm

end of QE3
cupronickel
Penny Pincher Member

Postby brian0918 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Also - silver is not going down. Mine still weighs the same. It's the dollar that is fluctuating. If you're hoping for your PMs to increase in dollar-price, then you're really still considering the dollar as money, not gold/silver. You're planning to convert your PMs to cash, and will then consider yourself wealthier as a result. But you will have traded away the real money.

At the time when gold/silver skyrockets in dollar-price, it would be crazy to dump PMs for cash, which would likely be experiencing hyperinflation.
"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." -- Ayn Rand
brian0918
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 93_Confirmed » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:01 pm

brian0918 wrote:Also - silver is not going down. Mine still weighs the same. It's the dollar that is fluctuating. If you're hoping for your PMs to increase in dollar-price, then you're really still considering the dollar as money, not gold/silver. You're planning to convert your PMs to cash, and will then consider yourself wealthier as a result. But you will have traded away the real money.

At the time when gold/silver skyrockets in dollar-price, it would be crazy to dump PMs for cash, which would likely be experiencing hyperinflation.

Well said. These fundamentals need to driven home to all the newbie stackers - especially those with weak hands.
"When you place an order at NWT, they write it down on a slip of paper and hand it to a guy with a pickaxe who rides off to the Pan American mine on a donkey". - natsb88
93_Confirmed
Penny Collector Member

Postby beauanderos » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:11 pm

brian0918 wrote:Also - silver is not going down. Mine still weighs the same. It's the dollar that is fluctuating. If you're hoping for your PMs to increase in dollar-price, then you're really still considering the dollar as money, not gold/silver. You're planning to convert your PMs to cash, and will then consider yourself wealthier as a result. But you will have traded away the real money.

The only reason I plan on selling any more of mine (at MUCH higher prices) will be to pay off a few bills.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby silverflake » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:45 pm

Just placed a new order with Provident. Can't beat these prices. As far as trading our PM's for dollars, we need to keep hammering the point that these are not 'investments' like stocks. These are insurance.

Also, I do plan on trading some for land some day.

Keep stacking.
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby agnostic » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:23 pm

Paper silver will go much lower so all the shorts can cash settle for lower.
agnostic

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions