Structuring. Could they go after coin sorters?

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Structuring. Could they go after coin sorters?

Postby JerrySpringer » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:42 pm

Based on suspicious activity:

http://tucson.com/ap/national/law-lets- ... 50215.html

From the article:

" He added that making deposits under $10,000 to evade reporting requirements, called structuring, is still a crime whether the money is from legal or illegal sources."

Huh? I can only imagine the hundreds of deposits and withdrawals I have made the past 6 years with banks. Wonder if some of them felt a need to file a report on me.

I wonder too, now , the times I had quite bit of cash in a an envelope on me on my way to the banks to make coin pick-ups whether if ever gotten pulled over and searched that the money would of been seized since I could not prove it was not for/from illegal activities.

My brother once got a visit from the police simply because he asked the bank when they get their coin pick-ups from Brinks, etc., all innocent questions ( my brother was doing CRH'ing a while back. He has subsequently given it up as it eats up too much time). Banks are not our friends.
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Structuring. Could they go after coin sorters?

Postby Morsecode » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:25 pm

I'm waiting for an official inquiry into my coin counting, which consists of $500 - $600 every Sat for 3 years, $50 at a time thru 10 branches in 3 hours. Every transaction recorded with my Christmas Club account number. An account that rarely ever grows to $100 :lol:

What does that come to anyway? Minimum 500 x 52 weeks x 3....$75 grand +/-

Nah...that doesn't look at all suspicious. Honest, I just get a really really lot of pocket change every week.
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Structuring. Could they go after coin sorters?

Postby JadeDragon » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:04 pm

It took me about an hour to clear well over $10k in coins across the border recently.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions