Easy Money

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Easy Money

Postby moparal7 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:44 pm

moparal7
Penny Collector Member

Re: Easy Money

Postby Engineer » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:01 pm

I'm waiting for police to realize they can seize armored cars from banks. Doing so would force the banksters to prove the money wouldn't be used for things like rigging markets, money laundering, supporting terrorism, or used fraudulently for stuff like Linda Green mortgages.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby messymessy » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:18 pm

Engineer wrote:I'm waiting for police to realize they can seize armored cars from banks. Doing so would force the banksters to prove the money wouldn't be used for things like rigging markets, money laundering, supporting terrorism, or used fraudulently for stuff like Linda Green mortgages.

Problem is that banks can afford good lawyers. The common man that is getting abused by forfeiture "laws" can not.
messymessy
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:47 am

Whatever happened to "innocent until proven guilty"?
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Engineer » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:01 am

Recyclersteve wrote:Whatever happened to "innocent until proven guilty"?

Your money and assets don't have rights. They're guilty until proven innocent.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Engineer » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:09 am

messymessy wrote:
Engineer wrote:I'm waiting for police to realize they can seize armored cars from banks. Doing so would force the banksters to prove the money wouldn't be used for things like rigging markets, money laundering, supporting terrorism, or used fraudulently for stuff like Linda Green mortgages.

Problem is that banks can afford good lawyers. The common man that is getting abused by forfeiture "laws" can not.

True enough, but the point is forcing them to fight in local courts rather than their established crony network.

If sheriffs across the country decided to shut down the more egregious banks via forfeiture laws, perhaps the balance of power could be restored.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Hawkeye » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:47 pm

Engineer wrote:
messymessy wrote:

True enough, but the point is forcing them to fight in local courts rather than their established crony network.

If sheriffs across the country decided to shut down the more egregious banks via forfeiture laws, perhaps the balance of power could be restored.

The rising police state vs. The Banksters. That would be a great throwdown. I need to pop some popcorn.
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Hawkeye » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:52 pm

Speaking to the original post, it is ridiculous and makes me even more suspicious. I'll just try to keep my business to myself. Nope, I have no cash and no valuables. Nothing to see here. Just a poor guy with a bunch of dogs and cats and a beat up vehicle.

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions