Islamic State group says it'll mint its own coins

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Islamic State group says it'll mint its own coins

Postby Thogey » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:41 am

I normally don't cut and paste but this story is great.

Guess what, we agree with the ISIS here! This move may be the greatest threat yet to western power.

Maybe we should join up (kidding of course). I would like to have some of these coins though.

http://www.breitbart.com/system/wire/ap ... da4ae6fafb
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Islamic State group says it'll mint its own coins

Postby beauanderos » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:36 pm

the only trouble with those coins is they only have tails. ISIS cuts off the heads. :sick: :shock:
Last edited by beauanderos on Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby MrIncredible » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:56 pm

I'm sure you will recognize some of the famous Muslim women who will appear on the coins. :o

MrIncredible
Penny Sorter Member

Postby blackrabbit » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:09 pm

You are all terrorist scum for having intrinsic value metal coins and not keeping all your wealth in sacred dollars. You are either with the Federal Reserve or you are with the terrorists! Send all your coins to me and free yourself of the shame and fear of the government coming for you. I'll even pay for shipping. :mrgreen:
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby JadeDragon » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:18 pm

blackrabbit wrote:You are all terrorist scum for having intrinsic value metal coins and not keeping all your wealth in sacred dollars. You are either with the Federal Reserve or you are with the terrorists! Send all your coins to me and free yourself of the shame and fear of the government coming for you. I'll even pay for shipping. :mrgreen:

I'll send you zinc pennies one coin at a time all day long if you pay the shipping :)
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby TwoAndAHalfCents » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:21 pm

My first thought when I heard about this was that by challenging the supremacy of the US dollar by issuing their own currency, ISIS had just made the move that would have them destroyed by TPTB. Their exploits up until now were tolerated or even condoned by the US government and the media and likely embellished extensively too. What a tool they have been to crank up support for the war machine in Washington. Election season gave so many power hungry evil bastards something to point to justify their quest for more power over all of us in the name of protecting us from evil. But did that evil ISIS just make the wrong move by threatening the sacred US dollar? Maybe yes but I now suspect this will be played up by TPTB to portray those who advocate a gold backed currency with terrorism.
TwoAndAHalfCents
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Thogey » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:55 pm

TwoAndAHalfCents wrote: I now suspect this will be played up by TPTB to portray those who advocate a gold backed currency with terrorism.

This is very interesting.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby Morsecode » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:58 pm

Yes, very much so. Like George Carlin once said, when we Americans don't like something we declare war on it...War on poverty, war on drugs, war on terrorism.

War on metals? War on Real Money? Anyone...anyone..?
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

Postby Shazbot57 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:24 pm

I subscribe to the Ball, Corning or Anchor Hocking philosophy. Super heat sand and make it into glass! Turn their sandbox into a glass parking lot! In 50-100 years (when the radiation diminishes) someone can go over with metal detectors and gather up those silver & gold coins!
Shazbot57
Penny Collector Member

Postby johnbrickner » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:14 pm

Anyone heard of anyone actually being able to obtain ANY of these? Or ANY being offered. Perhaps in Dubai? We'll see. ~sigh~
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:27 pm

The US should hire a factory in Guangdong to mint millions of fakes and fed-ex them to the citizens of Iraq and Syria
Thogey

Postby johnbrickner » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:34 pm

Thogey wrote:The US should hire a factory in Guangdong to mint millions of fakes and fed-ex them to the citizens of Iraq and Syria

LOL, Sir I like the way you think. :clap:
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby Mossy » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:05 pm

They are going to make the coins out of base metals and execute anyone who dislikes the new coins. Watch.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Treetop » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:00 pm

Thogey wrote:
TwoAndAHalfCents wrote: I now suspect this will be played up by TPTB to portray those who advocate a gold backed currency with terrorism.

This is very interesting.

Certainly wouldnt be surprising. But then we are actually the minority and considered a bit silly in most mainstream circles already. Would be pretty easy to ignore us, we arent changing much in the scheme of things I expect. Im not sure we are making waves enough there is a reason to make us look any worse then already happens.

" Their exploits up until now were tolerated or even condoned by the US government and the media and likely embellished extensively too. "

Dont agree on the last point. The most alarming things Ive seen from them were basically ignored by most of the media and glossed over in our in the parts that mentioned them, both left and right. There is a reason it seems why other western powers that ignored the rest of our wars in the ME are either getting involved or atleast changing their rhetoric.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby johnbrickner » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:20 pm

Wish they'd hurry up and get some minted up.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions