George Soros on replacing the dollar

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

George Soros on replacing the dollar

Postby Treetop » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:26 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki4cqqMZ ... r_embedded

In several threads with a lot of good dialogue I mentioned the dollar being replaced as the reserve currency by IMF sdr's. I have no idea what people thought, because no one responded to my posts. But on other boards I use, i was considered nutty. there used to be a few articles about it in MSM, but i cant find them anymore. But here is soros talking about them openly along with other things....

i dont know the exact numbers, but replacing the dollar as the reserve currency sends multiples more back here, soros talks about a managed fall of the dollar. they might not be able to control it, and either way our country will be greatly changed.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Re: George Soros on replacing the dollar

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:57 pm

Treetop wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki4cqqMZ7JE&feature=player_embedded

In several threads with a lot of good dialogue I mentioned the dollar being replaced as the reserve currency by IMF sdr's. I have no idea what people thought, because no one responded to my posts. But on other boards I use, i was considered nutty. there used to be a few articles about it in MSM, but i cant find them anymore. But here is soros talking about them openly along with other things....

i dont know the exact numbers, but replacing the dollar as the reserve currency sends multiples more back here, soros talks about a managed fall of the dollar. they might not be able to control it, and either way our country will be greatly changed.

I have not paid much attention to it lately, so I am behind on the latest talk-talk. Please refresh my memory... what are sdr's?

Soros wrote an opinion/essay about a year ago on how we could always contract the money supply after QE I & II. Once inflation started, just burn up a lot of FRN's to take them out of circulation. Nice theory, but it is like opening Pandora's Box. Once opened, it is extremely hard to close it back up.

Yes, if all the dollars circulating around the world suddenly came back to the USA... it would change things drastically overnight! Americans would have to actually produce something of worth to gain units of the new reserve currency. Lazy, low life welfare leeches would have to get off their fat asses and actually WORK to gain an honest buck. Illegals would go back home where they could earn more money.

5,000 years ago, Moses told the children of Israel to pack their shovels upon their camels & mount on their asses 'cause they were headed for the Promised Land. In 1933, FDR told the American People to lay down their shovels, sit their asses, and light up a Camel.. this is the Promised Land. Today, Obama and the 111th Congress has taxed your shovels to oblivion, outlawed your Camels, hawked your asses to the third generation and mortgaged to China the promised land.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Treetop » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:08 pm

SDR's = special drawing rights. I am no expert. Basically all i know is the IMF has talked of using this power to create a currency to replace the dollar for about a year. then i heard stories on russia, china and iran and other oil using and producing nations backing a replacement for the dollar as reserve currency. along with stories talking about how it needs to be gradual so as not to crumble the dollar over night and pull the world down with us.....

so heres soros clearly one of the big boys, openly talking about it. he has done so before, as have a few others in that loop. this is a global problem not just an american one.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:57 am

SDR - Special Drawing Rights. Now I remember!

Well, I really can't blame them. If I were the premier of a country sitting on billions of FRN monopoly money. I would do the same thing. Why hang onto the FRN when everyone knows it is going down in value? In fact, if I had billions of FRN, I would circle the globe buying up all commodities my nation would need to grow it's own economy. That would be the safest way to dump the "dollar". Sound familiar?

Edit: Hey! This is my 500th post! :D
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Copper Catcher » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:42 am

Reserve Accumulation and International Monetary Stability; IMF ...
http://www.imf.org/external/np/pp/eng/2010/041310.pdf

Look at the chart on page five..... it can't be any clearer than this!
Copper Catcher
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Rodebaugh » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:03 am

Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:I have not paid much attention to it lately, so I am behind on the latest talk-talk. Please refresh my memory... what are sdr's?

Soros wrote an opinion/essay about a year ago on how we could always contract the money supply after QE I & II. Once inflation started, just burn up a lot of FRN's to take them out of circulation. Nice theory, but it is like opening Pandora's Box. Once opened, it is extremely hard to close it back up.

Yes, if all the dollars circulating around the world suddenly came back to the USA... it would change things drastically overnight! Americans would have to actually produce something of worth to gain units of the new reserve currency. Lazy, low life welfare leeches would have to get off their fat asses and actually WORK to gain an honest buck. Illegals would go back home where they could earn more money.

5,000 years ago, Moses told the children of Israel to pack their shovels upon their camels & mount on their asses 'cause they were headed for the Promised Land. In 1933, FDR told the American People to lay down their shovels, sit their asses, and light up a Camel.. [i]this is the Promised Land. Today, Obama and the 111th Congress has taxed your shovels to oblivion, outlawed your Camels, hawked your asses to the third generation and mortgaged to China the promised land.[/i]

A lot of truth there ......and eloquently put. Some paint in oils .....you paint in words my friend. ;)
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Devil Soundwave » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:28 pm

Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:In fact, if I had billions of FRN, I would circle the globe buying up all commodities my nation would need to grow it's own economy. That would be the safest way to dump the "dollar". Sound familiar?

Isn't this what China are doing?
Scotsman in residence...

The bankers rubbed their palms together, and the economy went up in flames.

"If the government is big enough to give you everything you want, it is big enough to take away everything you have." Gerald Ford.
Devil Soundwave
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:42 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:I have not paid much attention to it lately, so I am behind on the latest talk-talk. Please refresh my memory... what are sdr's?

5,000 years ago, Moses told the children of Israel to pack their shovels upon their camels & mount on their asses 'cause they were headed for the Promised Land. In 1933, FDR told the American People to lay down their shovels, sit their asses, and light up a Camel.. [i]this is the Promised Land. Today, Obama and the 111th Congress has taxed your shovels to oblivion, outlawed your Camels, hawked your asses to the third generation and mortgaged to China the promised land.[/i]

A lot of truth there ......and eloquently put. Some paint in oils .....you paint in words my friend. ;)

Thanks, Rodebaugh, but I am not the author of that one. It has been around since FDR ushered in the New Deal. I only tweeked it to fit our times.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:43 pm

Devil Soundwave wrote:
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:In fact, if I had billions of FRN, I would circle the globe buying up all commodities my nation would need to grow it's own economy. That would be the safest way to dump the "dollar". Sound familiar?

Ding, ding, ding, ding!!! We have a winner! ;)
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby theo » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:09 am

Devil Soundwave wrote:

I've read a few articles discussing how, in addition to PMs, China has acquired a substantial amount of copper over the past few year starting in early 2009 when the price was a meager $1.30 per pound. Of course their problem is if they dump dollars and bonds too quickly it will cause panic and collapse the value of the dollar, causing China to lose much of thier investment. Its like being in a car teetering on the edge of a cliff. If you try to abandon the car too quickly, it will come crashing down with you still in it.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby dougefresh » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:02 pm

Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:
Treetop wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki4cqqMZ7JE&feature=player_embedded

5,000 years ago, Moses told the children of Israel to pack their shovels upon their camels & mount on their asses 'cause they were headed for the Promised Land. In 1933, FDR told the American People to lay down their shovels, sit their asses, and light up a Camel.. this is the Promised Land. Today, Obama and the 111th Congress has taxed your shovels to oblivion, outlawed your Camels, hawked your asses to the third generation and mortgaged to China the promised land.

That's pretty funny.
dougefresh
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Tourney64 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:50 pm

George Soros has collapsed several currencies around the world with the same formula of putting people in power and controlling the media. He is doing quite well and is the 2nd most frequent visitor to the White House. He will succeed in the US also thru the people he has put in power and the structure he has laid out.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby silverlover » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:54 pm

Actually shovel’s are only taxed by the state, and then only if you happen to live in a state that imposes a sales tax. This president and the last congress lowered the payroll tax :D that was so high during the Bush administration. :o The people who benefit the most from from decreased payroll tax is lower to middle class Americans, those who normally would buy shovel’s. We know the rich don’t use shovel’s, they pay their gardener to use shovels. :lol:
silverlover

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:51 am

silverlover wrote:Actually shovel’s are only taxed by the state, and then only if you happen to live in a state that imposes a sales tax. This president and the last congress lowered the payroll tax :D that was so high during the Bush administration. :o The people who benefit the most from from decreased payroll tax is lower to middle class Americans, those who normally would buy shovel’s. We know the rich don’t use shovel’s, they pay their gardener to use shovels. :lol:

During the course of manufacturing a shovel there are several players involved. Landowners sell their mineral rights to miners, miners dig iron ore out of the ground and sell it to a smelter, smelters make steel and sell it to a manufacturer, manufacturers make shovels and sell them to a wholesale distribution company, distributors sell them to retailers, and retailers finally sell them to people who want to dig with shovels.

At every step in the process, when the products change hands there is profit involved. Every time there is profit, there is taxation at the state and federal level. Payroll taxes were highest during the Clinton admin.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby smalltimeopn » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:12 pm

Anyone watched the info on:

www.endofamerica44.com

The basic theme is that the dollar will be replaced as the world reserve currency sometime this year. I'm just wondering if anyone has watched this and what their thoughts were on the info presented.
smalltimeopn
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Tourney64 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:50 pm

I believe the video is right on target. I deal with currencies every day, and the dollar is going down the tubes. I saw nothing in the video presentation that is factually incorrect. This video is also consistent with what I have heard from other reliable sources. Very scary stuff. Please prepare for the worst and pray for he best.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby TXBullion » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:17 am

smalltimeopn wrote:Anyone watched the info on:

http://www.endofamerica44.com

The basic theme is that the dollar will be replaced as the world reserve currency sometime this year. I'm just wondering if anyone has watched this and what their thoughts were on the info presented.

Ok i listened to the video in the background. What is the last thing they are talking about (Im assuming they want you to buy whatever to find it out) but Its a riddle and now Im wondering the answer :D
TXBullion

Postby Tourney64 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:23 am

They want you to sign up for the subscription. The most valuable things to have during times of financial crisis, Farmland, Food, Water, Seeds, Guns, Ammo, Knifes.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby TXBullion » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:01 pm

Tourney64 wrote:They want you to sign up for the subscription. The most valuable things to have during times of financial crisis, Farmland, Food, Water, Seeds, Guns, Ammo, Knifes.

I realize that. But I wonder what they specifically are referring too. The answer to the riddle. Im not sure if this should be a new thread so its not a hijack but I seriously would like to know.

1% of people have it
All those well known families have it (walton, ford...)
I dont remember what else

The only thing I could guess would be paid off real estate?
TXBullion

Postby Tourney64 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:18 pm

smalltimeopn wrote: Anyone watched the info on:

The video is consistent with what I have been seeing and hearing from very reliable sources. My job involves dealing with foreign currencies and the impact on the USD, so I alsoagree with the videos.
Debated on telling my wife about this, and how I feel and decided it was in my best interest to let her know, so she would finally understand why I have been stocking up in our basement. It's hard coming up with more excuses.

Here's her response to the video:
"Thanks for allowing me to worry now for what will be the remaining days of my life and my son his wife and our grandchildren's futures....I really really appreciate having to worry about that now until I'm DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!! DON'T SEND ME THIS KIND OF SH*T AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby theo » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:55 pm

Tourney64 wrote:
smalltimeopn wrote: Anyone watched the info on:

The video is consistent with what I have been seeing and hearing from very reliable sources. My job involves dealing with foreign currencies and the impact on the USD, so I alsoagree with the videos.
Debated on telling my wife about this, and how I feel and decided it was in my best interest to let her know, so she would finally understand why I have been stocking up in our basement. It's hard coming up with more excuses.

Here's her response to the video:
"Thanks for allowing me to worry now for what will be the remaining days of my life and my son his wife and our grandchildren's futures....I really really appreciate having to worry about that now until I'm DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!! DON'T SEND ME THIS KIND OF SH*T AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Sounds like you touched a nerve.

My wife supports my efforts, but she doesn't like to talk about possible worst case scenarios.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby tinhorn » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:41 am

Tourney64 wrote:Here's her response to the video:

Whattya think she really means?
www.silverandgoldaremoney.com
Press On Regardless!
tinhorn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 97guns » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:21 pm

Retired in 2009 with 300K in net worth by going all in with cash flowing real estate. every disposable penny goes back into savings via PM's - by using this technique my net worth has nearly doubled up.

ABCD investing - ANYTHING BERNANKE CAN'T DESTROY
97guns
Penny Collector Member

Postby Tourney64 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:55 pm

Tinhorn - My wife doesn't want to know any gloom or doom stuff until it happens and when it does she wants me to figure out what to do.

97guns Interesting info.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions