The Dollar's Inflationary Effects Elsewhere

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

The Dollar's Inflationary Effects Elsewhere

Postby beauanderos » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:38 pm

https://www.sovereignman.com/trends/the-massive-bubble-in-us-dollars-is-so-obvious-in-this-country-18339/?inf_contact_key=cdbe0972cdedc91a97f84f82b6ce4410ff57dbf8194263febe6674978ac42843

ok... so here's my question. If one was to fly to South Africa and convert a few thousand dollars to Rand, and then purchase
krugerrands... would you come out ahead as opposed to just staying here and buying them? Free vacation, etc? Not real clear
on how the international currency conversions occur and how that benefits one. :oops:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: The Dollar's Inflationary Effects Elsewhere

Postby cooyon » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:39 pm

IMO you should just stay home and buy them on RC or BS or elsewhere on line having a special sale price offer. If you are only talking a few $0,000, that's only a couple of ounces. I can't see any real advantage of the kind we all would like to come across. Carrying cash out and bringing gold back might put you on some lists. I would not do it. Not sure what the bank fees would be in RSA, when I lived in Japan I had to convert paper FRNs to JPY, pay a conversion fee of about 1.5%, then use the JPY to buy hard stuff like Swiss francs, British pounds, PMs and pay another 1.5-2% on that end. I gave up on doing those after I saw the transaction fee hits. Just my two cents.
cooyon
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions