FRB rate increases effective 1/17/16

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

FRB rate increases effective 1/17/16

Postby coindood » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:07 pm

Old/new rates (ouch) :evil:

SFRB - $5.95/$6.80
MFRB - $12.65/$13.45
LFRB - $17.90/$18.75

eBay changed the rate right in the middle of an auction of mine. Can they do that? I'll still honor the old rate even if costs me a buck or two.
coindood
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: FRB rate increases effective 1/17/16

Postby Recyclersteve » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:41 pm

They must be hurting to do this when gas prices are so low with oil in a protracted downturn.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby hobo finds » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:14 pm

Recyclersteve wrote:They must be hurting to do this when gas prices are so low with oil in a protracted downturn.

I think they are realizing more people buy online. Things are going to change, Your grandkids may never know what a shopping mall was.
hobo finds
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Chaboo » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:44 pm

coindood wrote:Old/new rates (ouch) :evil:

eBay changed the rate right in the middle of an auction of mine. Can they do that? I'll still honor the old rate even if costs me a buck or two.

It's when you ship that matters and it's USPS rates so I believe eBay's off the hook this time. A buyer used BIN on Saturday on one of my items but didn't pay until Sunday so I had to pay the higher rate myself.
Chaboo
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions