One more reason I stay single...

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

One more reason I stay single...

Postby fansubs_ca » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:41 am

fansubs_ca
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: One more reason I stay single...

Postby Thogey » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:50 am

I like the German version of a recycling center.
They just burn it all up and let God recycle the smoke and ash.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby joee5 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:49 pm

My wife always finds one my stashes one way or another. At least she spends what she finds instead of tossing it :clap:
joee5

Postby everything » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:19 am

Nothing wrong with being single, it's pretty popular in the land of stupid.. and westernization (land of me). Most other places people need a partner, makes life easier in many ways, without feminizing everything people still have some tradition and semblance of who they are and why they are here. I'm sure she didn't mean to throw his money away, she's probably just OCD. I usually check stuff, on my walking route a chair sat on the curb for days, finally I'm like well lets play the lottery and look under the cushion, found twenty five cents and an i-phone.

It's a throw-away society in the land of plenty. Here in the city, after watching waste land I thought hmmm, and yeah we throw gold and silver away, I just pulled an old PC computer out of the trash the other day but I've found jewelry too.
everything
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Tourney64 » Fri May 06, 2016 8:35 pm

That's nothing, my wife washed and destroyed my winning $51.7 million Powerball ticket in 2002. Actually, I purchased it at the store sold the winning ticket in Indianapolis, and she destroyed it, and no one ever came forward to claim the prize.
We had just moved to Michigan and I had to come back to Indy to train my replacements at work. I bought the ticket, close to where we used to live in Indy. I had the ticket in my shirt in my suitcase and she took my laundry out of my suitcase without my knowledge, when we returned to Michigan, and washed the clothes without checking pockets. I get home from work and she got mad at me for leaving something in my pocket, but I wasn't the one that put them out to be washed.
I am still married to her.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby tdtwedt » Fri May 06, 2016 8:39 pm

Tourney64 wrote:That's nothing, my wife washed and destroyed my winning $51.7 million Powerball ticket in 2002. Actually, I purchased it at the store sold the winning ticket in Indianapolis, and she destroyed it, and no one ever came forward to claim the prize.
We had just moved to Michigan and I had to come back to Indy to train my replacements at work. I bought the ticket, close to where we used to live in Indy. I had the ticket in my shirt in my suitcase and she took my laundry out of my suitcase without my knowledge, when we returned to Michigan, and washed the clothes without checking pockets. I get home from work and she got mad at me for leaving something in my pocket, but I wasn't the one that put them out to be washed.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
There are more ways than one to skin a cat.
tdtwedt
Penny Collector Member

Postby tdtwedt » Fri May 06, 2016 8:55 pm

tdtwedt wrote:
Tourney64 wrote:That's nothing, my wife washed and destroyed my winning $51.7 million Powerball ticket in 2002. Actually, I purchased it at the store sold the winning ticket in Indianapolis, and she destroyed it, and no one ever came forward to claim the prize.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Gold price 12/31/2002 $347.80/oz
Silver price 12/31/2002 $4.77/oz
There are more ways than one to skin a cat.
tdtwedt
Penny Collector Member

Postby jailbirdjackson » Fri May 06, 2016 11:58 pm

Thogey wrote:I like the German version of a recycling center.
They just burn it all up and let God recycle the smoke and ash.

About burning garbage, I spent some time in Germany in Aichach (bavaria), staying with friends there. They had to wash and sort their garbage into about 10 categories and drop in off themselves. This was not optional. I think Germany is strict. On the other hand, growing up in rural Ohio, several of my neighbors burned their garbage instead of paying for garbage disposal. So I think Germany may be more strict than the US.
jailbirdjackson

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions