BrExit the movie

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

BrExit the movie

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:54 am

Unbelievable description of the EU - even watching just the first 10-15 minutes tells the story. As has been said by others, anyone in the UK that watches this and still votes for the EU deserves what they get.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-05-14/brexit-movie
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: BrExit the movie

Postby beauanderos » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:51 pm

hoping to watch this one this weekend. Haven't had time yet. :(
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby TwoAndAHalfCents » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:29 pm

They did a great job explaining how the unaccountable elites and bureaucrats of the EU are the real problem. All of the arguments I hear in the news about "immigrants flooding into Britain" and "Britain being locked out of trade with Europe" are just more of the same scare tactics that come out whenever there is an important vote presented to the people. The movie avoids that and gets to the real issue. It's about an hour long but it was well worth watching.
TwoAndAHalfCents
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Chief » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:48 am

Can't wait to watch it. Seems like the EU is saying anything to keep the UK. Merkel warning of isolation for the UK. :lol: The EU can keep their bureaucrats.
Chief
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:04 am

I started watching it last night. The EU pays 10,000 bureaucrats more per year than the prime minister of UK!!! :shock:
beauanderos

Postby Chief » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:29 pm

beauanderos wrote:I started watching it last night. The EU pays 10,000 bureaucrats more per year than the prime minister of UK!!! :shock:

I knew the EU has paid paper-pushers, but that stat was eye opening! :shock: June 23rd should be interesting.
Chief
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:18 pm

On a related note, finally watched "The Big Short" tonight with the wife. Wow - great movie. Sure makes you appreciate people with conviction, as well as re-energizes the pissed off feeling toward the bankers and the government.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby beauanderos » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:43 pm

From the poll results I'm seeing online it appears that 70 to 82% will vote Bremain :shock: :sick:
beauanderos

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:50 pm

beauanderos wrote:From the poll results I'm seeing online it appears that 70 to 82% will vote Bremain :shock: :sick:

Haven't seen the polls but if so - it's because you can't fix stupid.
68Camaro

Postby Chief » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:15 pm

beauanderos wrote:From the poll results I'm seeing online it appears that 70 to 82% will vote Bremain :shock: :sick:

New Poll: 55% for Brexit!
Chief
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby johnbrickner » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:52 pm

Thanks for the link. I am sickened by what I learned.

Back in Sept of '14, I watched Scotland vote no for independence. In 12 days, we'll see the Brexit vote. In November, we'll see our own presidential vote and we have seen the primaries to the current result.

Each shows an attempt to elicit change in the current system. All done in a "democratic way" (illusion of democracy,) the people have had/will have the chance to have their say. When all is said and done if the status quo is upheld, the winners will tell (have told) the losers "you had your say now sit down, shut up and accept the results. The people have spoken".

I anticipate status quo. Scotland is not free. Bremain will continue. And now that the full faith and credit of the current Party in power backs their candidate, the press will say "Madam President".

God help us, I hope I am wrong. But I will never sit down, stop having my say or shut up, or stop resisting the status quo. And as far as the people have spoken, they are sheep that will perish and be destroyed from a lack of vision and knowledge.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions