Brexit Results Friday Morning

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Brexit Results Friday Morning

Postby IdahoCopper » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:28 am

Latest poll shows 49/51 split. At that, there is no need to describe which number relates to which side of the argument. But it does make one thing perfectly clear and obvious, for one reason alone.

The Status Quo will win, so no Brexit. It is absolutely a certainty. The obvious reason is that close polling indicates a vote that is easy to steal. Yes, the tricksters can push their agenda into law by jiggling just a few votes.

We can know this is true because elections are rigged, fraudulent, and a sham. They exist to pacify the people, making them believe that they have input into their slave-masters, err... I mean government.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Re: Brexit Results Friday Morning

Postby aloneibreak » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:50 pm

IdahoCopper wrote:Latest poll shows 49/51 split. At that, there is no need to describe which number relates to which side of the argument. But it does make one thing perfectly clear and obvious, for one reason alone.

The Status Quo will win, so no Brexit. It is absolutely a certainty. The obvious reason is that close polling indicates a vote that is easy to steal. Yes, the tricksters can push their agenda into law by jiggling just a few votes.

We can know this is true because elections are rigged, fraudulent, and a sham. They exist to pacify the people, making them believe that they have input into their slave-masters, err... I mean government.

sadly, you're right

:(
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:30 pm

final vote will be something like 55% Bremain. :roll:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby NHsorter » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:25 pm

Results coming in looking like Brexit could win. Still partial results so who knows, but interesting anyway. Markets reacting already.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby aloneibreak » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:10 pm

NHsorter wrote:Results coming in looking like Brexit could win. Still partial results so who knows, but interesting anyway. Markets reacting already.

heres where im following along...

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/ng-interactive/2016/jun/23/eu-referendum-live-results-and-analysis?CMP=edit_2221
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby TwoAndAHalfCents » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:38 pm

Big cities, especially London, voting to remain and the rest of the country voting to leave. It reminds me of the blue state vs red state pattern we see here in the U.S.
TwoAndAHalfCents
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Chief » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:51 pm

Goodbye EU!!!
Chief
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby AlexTG » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:05 pm

BBC Calls it for Leave.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-36615028

In other news silver is over $18.
AlexTG
Penny Pincher Member

Postby TwoAndAHalfCents » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:06 pm

Precious metals are up big time!!
TwoAndAHalfCents
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby blackrabbit » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:32 am

Wow, I am pleasantly surprised!
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby IdahoCopper » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:37 am

My prediction for the Status Quo was wrong. However, my reasons we not really disproved, TPTB could have decided Brexit would make them more money, or give them more power.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby knibloe » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:33 am

The pound is down. should we buy. I suppose it will bounce back up??
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Postby franklin » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:03 am

IdahoCopper wrote:My prediction for the Status Quo was wrong. However, my reasons we not really disproved, TPTB could have decided Brexit would make them more money, or give them more power.

I believe that TPTB were actually 1.3million Brits who decided they didn't wish to beholden to a bunch of knuckleheads who can't control the influx of immigrants over their borders and will change the landscape of those countries in the EU, both literally and economically.
franklin
Penny Collector Member

Postby johnbrickner » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:21 am

Posted this in the wrong place. Reposting here.

I was wrong on this call. Most sincerely thought the ballot box would be stuffed to prevent. Or whatever digital software fix would be used to skew the results to remain.

Looks like the Brits now have a devalued cheaper Pound and a good jump in the race to the bottom. I guess that means good for their exports. It will be interesting to see which country(s) do or cause the next significant devaluation in their currency and the time frame for it's happening. Any guesses out there?

I also feel the markets (stocks, PMs, etc.) are over reacting with a way to big knee jerk. But, this is what I consider classic unexpected chaos in what was otherwise a planned attempt at a soft(er?) landing to the global depression. Not that I'm crying over the results. Looking forward to telling my financial advisor this is exactly the kind of situation that causes PMs to be insurance (Last time we met he asked me "what I was insuring against?" with a I-don't-think-you-know-what-you-are-talking-about condesending voice).

Any thoughts on what the aftermath to all this will be?
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:01 am

The immediate aftermath is looking a bit like a simmering, non-military, technically legal European version of the start of the American Civil War, with a major state seceding over "states-rights" with racism replacing the related issue of slavery* as the underlying issue. There is a long process ahead but the EU doesn't seem to want to sort out. I wonder if the EU won't find some fine-print in their constitution that allows them to kick-out the UK before the normal process runs its course, and apply punitive restrictions on them as punishment. Of course the Russians will love that. The Eastern states have got to be shaking in their boots, as only Germany is left as an effective deterrent against Russia, save for independent action by the UK and US.

*(The American CIvil War - aka War of Northern Aggression - wasn't about racism, as most of even the American North was wildly racist by today's standards - especially Lincoln himself - they just didn't support slavery and especially didn't believe the South could/should secede, take their taxes and revenue with them, and determine those issues for themselves.)
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby franklin » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:31 am

" Looking forward to telling my financial advisor this is exactly the kind of situation that causes PMs to be insurance (Last time we met he asked me "what I was insuring against?" with a I-don't-think-you-know-what-you-are-talking-about condesending "

JB:
We may have the same guy. I went in with my spouse a few months ago to meet with her advisor and, when I asked him what precious metals he was invested in, he pointed to his gold Rolex and smirked. "Just this, no future in pm's".
He sent out an email the day before Britain's vote and said they fully expected them to remain and that all was good. I heard he hasn't shown up at the gym since then.
franklin
Penny Collector Member

Postby Treetop » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:52 pm

SO far Ive seen tony blair acknowledging a parliamentary petition with 3m signatures calling for a re-vote, as well as the first minister of the scottish parliment saying the scottish parliment could potentially veto it.

The vote didnt surprise me though. I also expect it to stand but there is clearly pushback so maybe not.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby AuStruck » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:16 pm

Was listening to the radio in my car. A financial "expert" (if he is) said that Brexit was not the only factor or even the major factor with the market. An influential financial firm in London re-adjusts its portfolio annually about this time of year. (Just caught this while changing stations. So details may be all wrong.)

This by coincidence was about the time of the Brexit vote. Tried to find more info but local talk station doesn't list the program it airs when I was listening. Later tuned in and a Ric Edelman was on. Was unable to google the info. May have been a Johnson Financial firm but my memory fails me.

This may be a case where the Brexit vote causing a financial crisis fits the narrative of TPTB.
AuStruck
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions