Over 60% Of Americans Fear........

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Over 60% Of Americans Fear........

Postby Copper Catcher » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:01 pm

Copper Catcher
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Over 60% Of Americans Fear........

Postby Recyclersteve » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:53 pm

It would have been interested how many people would have chosen "Being Without Electricity and Food Supplies for at Least Two Weeks" (if that was one of the choices).
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby wolvesdad » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:27 pm

Or:
Not getting to watch my Favorite TV show (or any TV) for 6 weeks.
wolvesdad
Super Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:36 am

We are closer to nuclear war than any time in history and it's not even in the top ten... thanks to our news media who choose to focus
instead on the Kardashian's or Brangelina. :roll: :sick: :thumbdown:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby Thogey » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:02 pm

beauanderos wrote:We are closer to nuclear war than any time in history and it's not even in the top ten...

Ray,
We have been much closer to nuclear war. There were a few days in the 80s were SAC was provoked when Soviet ICBMs (plural) were test fired, without warning, from operational launch facilities. The details of this event were highly classified.

The threat from Soviet SLBMs throughout the late 80's and even after the USSR collapse was much higher than you want to know, daily. Their SLBM flight times were very short. They would have been able to hit us hard before the US would have been able to commit.

Plus there was that minute Cuban missile issue in 62. I wasn't here for that..
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby Bigjohn » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:43 pm

Wonder how the survey was framed to get to these results. There is no way people are twice as afraid of corruption than loved ones dying.............
Open a coinbase account and both of us will get $10
https://www.coinbase.com/join/593592a00b8e899741fd9dec
Bigjohn
Penny Collector Member

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions