Signs

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Signs

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:15 am

there's a good you tuber, goes by "Jason A", and he never "opines", he just collects and edits from all sorts of various media, not just "mass media"....and in the three to four years he has been posting, there have been MANY others mimicking his video's, but Jason A was the FIRST to construct videos in this format.

I want to share, without comment, his latest video (of many)...take from it, what you will:

neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Re: Signs

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:27 pm

It's an odd hodge-podge of misc stuff. Some of it is just weird because of his selection. The military airplanes, no big deal - don't even know why they were included in it.

Maybe we're in uncharted territory. But too many supposed scientists are not really scientists, and too many of them talk about stuff they don't really understand. And too many people are "afraid" because they don't know that they don't need to be. I won't be too concerned about the movie fiction of millions of AI robots stomping around and taking over the earth, until some as-yet invented portable power technology creates portable power sources that are as cheap as me eating a sandwich.

What in this might concern me? Regarding AI, I am very concerned about privacy issues related to AI. I think that is the one issue that probably didn't even get enough attention in the video. And I could become concerned about very large AI-driven autonomous military bots, which don't quite exist yet, but I don't see anything that technically prevents their creation (which is scary in and of itself, because history tells us that means that someone will create them). I could conceive of them existing within a generation and if not controlled they could be set loose (either purposefully, or accidentally, or though some form of self-awareness) and end up destroying mankind. Sci-Fi sort of, but at this point, real at the same time.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions