Trump Media & Technology (DJT) Stock

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Trump Media & Technology (DJT) Stock

Postby Recyclersteve » Thu Sep 05, 2024 3:00 am

For what it is worth, shorting DJT (Trump stock) (with VERY LITTLE FEE) or trading bearish options appears to be an interesting trade. (This is nothing against Trump personally or a political statement at all.)

He (along with some cronies from The Apprentice) will be able to sell their shares of stock soon. And their cost of their shares is ZERO! Need to double check the date they can sell, but I think it is on or about 9/19/24.

Gary Kaltbaum of Investor’s Edge says the stock is worth about $1 (vs. a close Wednesday of $16.98). He’s been pounding the table (negatively) on this stock for months, and he can’t stand either Trump or Kamala!

The chart looks HORRIBLE and there is very little real operation behind Truth Social. The stock hit a new 2024 low on Wednesday. Trump himself has gone to competitor X! Also, he likely has massive legal bills to pay, so his own legal advisors might be asking him to sell while he can get something (my speculation).

I’ve made really good $ trading this stock and the old DWAC stock and warrants- both long and short since 2021.

Also, Warren Buffett has over $300B in cash right now and September is the weakest month of the year. This could potentially be a fabulous trade!

CAUTION: When DJT stock does rally, it can go up sharply and quickly. It was up over 49% intraday on 7/15/24- the first trading day after the assassination attempt. Shortly thereafter, it came right back down.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

NOTE: ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- often
substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) and selling short as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions