Bill Gross' PIMCO funds sell all UST's

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Bill Gross' PIMCO funds sell all UST's

Postby Delawhere Jack » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:15 pm

I've gone Galt. Obama and all the other commie's can kiss my a....
Delawhere Jack
Post Hoarder

Re: Bill Gross' PIMCO funds sell all UST's

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:28 pm

There has been some discussion (and some public releases from Fed members) suggesting that QE3 won't happen. Speculation is because no one will buy our bonds and the administraion is facing extreme foreign pressure not to do another one. Not sure what their options are though.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Copper Catcher » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:29 pm

This is a heck of a warning bell!!!
Copper Catcher

Postby Delawhere Jack » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:38 pm

68Camaro wrote:There has been some discussion (and some public releases from Fed members) suggesting that QE3 won't happen. Speculation is because no one will buy our bonds and the administraion is facing extreme foreign pressure not to do another one. Not sure what their options are though.

There are some pretty smart commenters on Zerohedge. The consensus among them seems to be that QE will end with the current round at the end of June. When that happens the market will tank and treasury rates will soar, THEN they'll have an excuse for QE3. I find that to be a logical conclusion.
I've gone Galt. Obama and all the other commie's can kiss my a....
Delawhere Jack
Post Hoarder

Postby Copper Catcher » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:22 pm

Treasuries are now the New and Improved Toxic Asset :o
Copper Catcher

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions