How many "Non-Essential" personell where YOU work?

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

How many "Non-Essential" personell where YOU work?

Postby Delawhere Jack » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:39 pm

I just heard some stats from the gubbernment about percentages of "Non-Essential" personell who would not be working when our thieving government shuts down. They stated the 50% of Pentagon staff are non essential, and 93% of Dept of Edumacatchum be non essential....

Where you work, assuming you don't work for the gubbernment, which is assuming a LOT these days, what percentage of the staff would you say are "non essential"?

I know that where I work, if I were in charge, 5% of the staff would get their asses kicked to the curb, and another 25% would get read the riot act and be put on notice that their jobs hang by a thread.

But sadly, I'm just a worker bee, and I'll never have the joy of tossing the dead weight overboard.

My father told me once, many years ago, "don't ever make yourself indispensible". I didn't understand him then, but I do now.

So, Got Dead Weight?
I've gone Galt. Obama and all the other commie's can kiss my a....
Delawhere Jack
Post Hoarder

Re: How many "Non-Essential" personell where YOU work?

Postby Corsair » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:44 pm

As a part-time math department assistant...I'm one of them!
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:00 pm

0% ......I need all of my gals.

I am blessed to have such an up-beat hard working staff.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby slickeast » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:08 pm

We have more than a few. Being that I work in a grocery store, we have some that are not worth what we are paying them. Problem is, the district manager wants to pay minimum wage. No 90 day evaluation raises, and a 1% yearly raise. This is no way to get good employees hired or to keep them if they do decide to accept the job.
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Thogey » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:10 pm

I'm the only non-essential at my outfit.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby VWBEAMER » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:20 pm

I work for the DoD and found out today I'm essential....I was torn. i wanted some extra time off, and can afford to go without pay for a couple of weeks at least...so that part wanted me to be non-essential. But, I feel slight more important knowing I'm essential. 8-)

Talk is we will work without pay and they will print up some more money after all this over and catch us up... :)

What is bad is a know some guys that live paycheck to paycheck and even one paycheck missed will screw them up.. :o

But, I expect this will bring out some older pennies that have been hidden for a while, so the CWRs at the local CU should be better, The AFB I work at is the largest employer in the State of Georgia... :shock:

I think the good local economy is why my Cu% has been around 18% compared to some higher % up North.
"The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine."
" --Theodore Roosevelt
VWBEAMER
Penny Collector Member

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions