COUNTRIES WITHOUT CENTRAL BANKS / OR FRAC RES. CURRENCIES

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

COUNTRIES WITHOUT CENTRAL BANKS / OR FRAC RES. CURRENCIES

Postby thedrifter » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:57 pm

Are there any countries left in the world that have not fell under the controll of a central bank or do not have a fractional reserve currency system? I include all countries that use the currency of a fractional reserve country as their own or to back their own currency as a a fractional reserve country.
thedrifter
Penny Collector Member

Re: COUNTRIES WITHOUT CENTRAL BANKS / OR FRAC RES. CURRENCIE

Postby Nickelmeister » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:17 am

*** sound of crickets chirping ***
Standing offer: BUYING Canadian junk silver at 90% melt. PM me to lock in price and quantity.
Nickelmeister
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby thedrifter » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:52 am

Hey nicklemeister is, it"s a little late for a 10 year old to be up.Tomorrow is a school day isin't it? What is your problem punk? If you don't have anything constructive to add then move on.
thedrifter
Penny Collector Member

Postby Lemon Thrower » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:17 am

n. korea, iran, and formerly iraq.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Cptindy » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:29 am

I recently had a debate on this subject with an econmics Professor. She insisted there was no correlation between the central banks, war, and control of a nation. She was a trooper, she at least let me speak, disagreed with me but all is well.
"It is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting"
"The average man doesn't want to be free. He wants to be safe."
H.L. Mencken
Cptindy
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Nickelmeister » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:53 am

thedrifter wrote:Hey nicklemeister is, it"s a little late for a 10 year old to be up.Tomorrow is a school day isin't it? What is your problem punk? If you don't have anything constructive to add then move on.

I guess my joke was misunderstood :?

Then again, it was a school night and I ought to have been in bed :roll:
Standing offer: BUYING Canadian junk silver at 90% melt. PM me to lock in price and quantity.
Nickelmeister
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Thogey » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:06 am

Your joke was fine. Drifter blasted away a little hard on you IMO.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Mossy » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:47 am

Nickelmeister wrote: I guess my joke was misunderstood :?

A little early, I think. I thought it was by the original poster, a comment on no one commenting. No suprize on slow responses as I certainly know of no such countries.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby scrapper2010 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:02 pm

I thought the joke was funny myself. As in "Any volunteers to wrestle this hungry grizzly bear?" ***sound of crickets chirping***
Old feedback thread viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3581
scrapper2010
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Lemon Thrower » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:07 pm

Cptindy wrote:I recently had a debate on this subject with an econmics Professor. She insisted there was no correlation between the central banks, war, and control of a nation. She was a trooper, she at least let me speak, disagreed with me but all is well.

real wisdom is when you don't bother because you know that such a professor has only memorized the propoganda.

the financial crisis has laid bare all of mainstream economics (Keynse) for the fraud that it is.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby thedrifter » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:23 pm

Lemon Thrower wrote:n. korea, iran, and formerly iraq.

So, it seems that countries with totalitarian regimes are the only places one can go to escape this cancer. I was up late that night wonder about this. I was hoping there would be at least one western or westernized country. What about Switzerland?

Nicklemiester, I did jump down your throat a bit harshly. Sorry about that. I have been grumpier than normal lately. It was also past my bed time. My concern was that no one would take the question seriously if a well repeacted member such as yourself were poking fun at the question. Sorry again about that.
thedrifter
Penny Collector Member

Postby Lemon Thrower » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:23 pm

switzerland? are you kidding? that is where the BIS is headquartered.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Copper Catcher » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:36 pm

Copper Catcher
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:12 pm

Copper Catcher wrote:Central banks by country - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_central_banks

I see Libya is listed. That is interesting because there is information and dis-information floating around on the internet that the central bankers of Europe tricked everyone into invading Libya to stop that country from establishing a gold standard for the African continent and Arabia as well. It is said with a gold standard, the central banksters fiat house of cards would fall apart if even one country went back onto the gold standard.

According to the "skinny", Libya's leader has taken the lead in trying to establish a Gold Dinar, and does not use a central bank. It is also interesting that the Libyan rebels already established a Central Bank of their own to do business with the world.

When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby JadeDragon » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:12 am

De facto independent countries
Abkhazia - National Bank of the Republic of Abkhazia
Kosovo, Republic of - Central Bank of Kosovo (Banka Qendrore e Kosovës)
Northern Cyprus - Central Bank of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (Kuzey Kıbrıs Türk Cumhuriyeti Merkez Bankası)
Somaliland – Bank of Somaliland (Baanka Somaliland)
Transnistria - Transnistrian Republican Bank (Приднестровский Республиканский Банк)

[edit]Countries without central banks
Andorra (uses Euro - nominally under French and Spanish control)
Monaco (Euro as well)
Also I don't see the Vatican on the list but they use the Euro too.

So even unrecognized countries have central banks. In fact that list covers the entities closest to be recognized.

However, there might be a winner here: "Since the collapse of the political system in Somalia in 1991, it is unclear whether the Central Bank of Somalia is still operating. There is no active website and news about the bank is rare."

A central bank is a key part of maintaining a functioning financial system.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby JadeDragon » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:22 am

Lemon Thrower wrote:n. korea, iran, and formerly iraq.

All these countries have central banks, sorry.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions