Another 10%+ Drop Today

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Another 10%+ Drop Today

Postby Kurr » Wed May 11, 2011 1:54 pm

Wow.

I feel like someone is playing a game. Similiar to the one where they put some monofiliment on a $100 bill and constantly jerk it ( and you) down the road while everyone laughs.

Or maybe the one where they super glue a silver dollar to the floor and whilest you are bending over, happy for your good luck and to try and pry it off the floor they run up and kick you in the congress.

I'm betting the BIG money is in stocks. Antacids, heart medications, muscle relaxers , nerve pills, and preperation H is going to have HUGE surges if they keep this up!

I hear it is because the "dollar" is "strengthening". How does that happen. Has a large portion of the monetary supply been shrunk? How, why? When they print money the "dollar" gets weaker, so has there been a contraction?

I just do not understand any of this crap. I do understand my feelings however and I feel we are being jerked down the road tied to a pice of monofiliment.

Maybe the monofiliment is the answer. Maybe I should just go fishing.
KJV Bible w/ Strong's Concordance: http://www.blueletterbible.org/
The Two Republics: http://www.whitehorsemedia.com/docs/THE ... UBLICS.pdf
Good reading: Frederic Bastiat "The Law" http://bastiat.org/en/the_law.html

A number of people are educated beyond, sometimes way beyond, their intelligence. - Tenbears
Kurr
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Another 10%+ Drop Today

Postby Neckro » Wed May 11, 2011 2:12 pm

Makes me happy I don't buy that garbage commodity. <.<
Neckro
Post Hoarder

Postby Kurr » Wed May 11, 2011 4:57 pm

Not the commodity, the market. This affects the "general public's" perception. My physical hasn't changed, and on ebay theprice stills seems to be 45-50 an oz, but the potential buyer, new into the market, the one that NEEDS silver because they have none, do not know there are 2 differant markets.
KJV Bible w/ Strong's Concordance: http://www.blueletterbible.org/
The Two Republics: http://www.whitehorsemedia.com/docs/THE ... UBLICS.pdf
Good reading: Frederic Bastiat "The Law" http://bastiat.org/en/the_law.html

A number of people are educated beyond, sometimes way beyond, their intelligence. - Tenbears
Kurr

Postby whatsnext » Wed May 11, 2011 9:17 pm

The money supply is shrinking. People cant get easy credit so less money is being digitized. Some people are paying off their credit debt so that digital debt money gets canceled out.
The G is getting to the point where they cant just spend without hitting their head on the ceiling.

The money supply shot up, but is now falling down(even though it is still high).
Much of the money supply is just bank assets with fake proped up value, it is only a matter of time before it shows its true value and has to be marked down.

You cant justify the amount silver rose with inflation alone. It is going to be brutal from here on out. I stopped talking about silver to people at 30(when I felt pain thinking about buying it myself.

This does not mean anything like prices coming down for necessities, but houses, cars and junk will be less desired that dont provide real benifit vs luxury for the average person.

Were silver is headed I do not know, but I dont have a moon landing in my outlook.
whatsnext
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Thu May 12, 2011 5:10 am

The silver "spot" has been manipulated for a very long time. There are two different (for me anyway) markets called "silver".

One is the commodities market. It is totally disconnected from real silver now. They have defaulted. They cannot make delivery. It is a paper game the big boys were losing and the US federal government stepped in and changed to rules (once again!) to protect them.

Physical silver is the real deal. If you want REAL SILVER, you are going to have to pay the price the sellers want. It is now a sellers market.

Forget about spot unless you want to play with monopoly money concepts using real FRN's. (That being said, it sounds like Jonflyfish is making a killing at it right now.)
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby whatsnext » Thu May 12, 2011 8:14 am

Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:The silver "spot" has been manipulated for a very long time. There are two different (for me anyway) markets called "silver".

One is the commodities market. It is totally disconnected from real silver now. They have defaulted. They cannot make delivery. It is a paper game the big boys were losing and the US federal government stepped in and changed to rules (once again!) to protect them.

Physical silver is the real deal. If you want REAL SILVER, you are going to have to pay the price the sellers want. It is now a sellers market.

Forget about spot unless you want to play with monopoly money concepts using real FRN's. (That being said, it sounds like Jonflyfish is making a killing at it right now.)

Without the commodities market [your(EDIT-to personal sorry)] silver would still be around 20 bucks right now. The fast movement and ready access are the reason for the growth. Without that it is a dead dog.
Sellers are in it to comeout better than you thats their goal all along they will sell you whatever they can shove down your throat. They never give a negative until the last minute.
Maloney will tell you when to sell after he has sold you his.

Without spot your a blind man who has no connection to a market.(EDIT-This is just an opinion, sounds personal, but not meant to be)
I take it people have given up crash JPmorgue, when they say the two price thing.

You can claim manipulation but where is the proof. I listen to a couple "gurus" (Kaiser, schiff,rogers), no salesman though (kitco, zerohedge-[connected], sprott)
-EDIT-sentence above should have started with 'people claim' -again to personal
One time some guy gave an -'opinion'- about 100-1 silver in comex, but wheres the proof.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT-This post is sour, I do not mean to be a jerk a##. I've listened to the gurus for 2 years and it has just built up to an unbelievable story.
The biggest thing is 80% of people who invest now or later will get burned I fear by their sources of info.
Forgive my incompetence.
Last edited by whatsnext on Thu May 12, 2011 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
whatsnext
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Thu May 12, 2011 10:31 am

whatsnext wrote:
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:The silver "spot" has been manipulated for a very long time. There are two different (for me anyway) markets called "silver".

Without the commodities market your silver would still be around 20 bucks right now. The fast movement and ready access are the reason for the growth. Without that it is a dead dog.
Sellers are in it to comeout better than you thats their goal all along they will sell you whatever they can shove down your throat. They never give a negative until the last minute.
Maloney will tell you when to sell after he has sold you his.

Without spot your a blind man who has no connection to a market.
I take it people have given up crash JPmorgue, when they say the two price thing.

You can claim manipulation but where is the proof. I listen to a couple "gurus" (Kaiser, schiff,rogers), no salesman though (kitco, zerohedge-[connected], sprott)
One time some guy gave an -'opinion'- about 100-1 silver in comex but wheres the proof.

Holy Crap! Who are you and what have you done to the real Whatsnext?! I remember him as a nice guy! :lol:

I am not listening to any gurus or salesmen much anymore. Most of the time they are just hot air. I am basing my OPINION on 47 years of holding real, physical silver. I watched what the government did to the Hunt Bros. and I have seen the gov. do much the same thing in the last few weeks to shut down silver prices. This is manipulation from Big Brother. This is just my opinion. I am not interested in defending what I have said.

I am very busy right now. If you want "proof", you will have to go to someone else. Pass.

Next!
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Thu May 12, 2011 1:00 pm

I would call five margin increases by CME (some after silver was already falling) and three by the Shanghai Exchange clear evidence that there are those who wish to cap the price advance of silver, and concurrently, if possible, to shove it back down. Is that manipulation? In my book, yep.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Thu May 12, 2011 5:27 pm

beauanderos wrote:I would call five margin increases by CME (some after silver was already falling) and three by the Shanghai Exchange clear evidence that there are those who wish to cap the price advance of silver, and concurrently, if possible, to shove it back down. Is that manipulation? In my book, yep.

I agree. That is the biggest indicator I can see of how scared the governments and central banksters are of PM's collapsing the world-wide fiat monetary systems before they are ready for it. (They haven't sucked us dry, yet.)
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Thu May 12, 2011 5:30 pm

whatsnext wrote:----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT-This post is sour, I do not mean to be a jerk a##. I've listened to the gurus for 2 years and it has just built up to an unbelievable story.
The biggest thing is 80% of people who invest now or later will get burned I fear by their sources of info.
Forgive my incompetence.

Hey, Whatsnext, we are cool. I was just havin' a little fun with ya! :P Everybody here has a off day. (especially me! :mrgreen: )
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions