Why QE2 will continue

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Why QE2 will continue

Postby Lemon Thrower » Sat May 21, 2011 7:37 am

Fed has made hints that QE2 is ending.

here are some arguments that says it will continue. in summary, QE2 keeps long rates down and Uncle Sam can't afford a tick up in rates.

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=1937291737#eyJ2aWQiOiIxOTM3MjY5ODkwIiwiZW5jVmlkIjoiRmJHZWZhZm45ZUZBMUNQOTVDZ284dz09IiwidlRhYiI6ImluZm8iLCJ2UGFnZSI6IiIsImdOYXYiOlsiwqBMYXRlc3QgVmlkZW8iXSwiZ1NlY3QiOiJBTEwiLCJnUGFnZSI6IjEiLCJzeW0iOiIiLCJzZWFyY2giOiIifQ==
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Why QE2 will continue

Postby theo » Mon May 23, 2011 10:21 pm

What gets me is that Bernake acts like he can turn off QE anytime he chooses. But in reality the Fed has to buy the lion's of the newly issued bonds to keep the auctions from failing and interest rates from exploding. We are truly on the tiger's back.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby shinnosuke » Mon May 30, 2011 5:42 pm

theo wrote:What gets me is that Bernake acts like he can turn off QE anytime he chooses. But in reality the Fed has to buy the lion's of the newly issued bonds to keep the auctions from failing and interest rates from exploding. We are truly on the tiger's back.

Since your post mentions lions and tigers, I will add only that the bears will eat us alive when all the Fed tinkering is exposed for what it is.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby avidbrandy » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:24 pm

I see what you did there.
avidbrandy
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions