The Last Nail

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

The Last Nail

Postby shinnosuke » Fri May 27, 2011 11:12 am

Some people can spin the story to make the gullible public think that America is strong. Some people can tell it like it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoMJMkBfEWU

What have you done today to prepare for an America that will become like Yugoslavia?
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Re: The Last Nail

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Sat May 28, 2011 10:02 am

The separation of powers doctrine in the Constitution is fast fading away. Just like ancient Rome, the office of our president is evolving into an emperor.

Thanks for posting this. Ron Paul is my favorite Rep.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Mon May 30, 2011 12:32 am

Dating myself here, but I worked in Ron Paul's capmpaign office in Houston when he won his first election in 1976. I was in high school and my dad recommended I volunteer there. It was the beginning of a long-term respect affair. I supported Ron's son, Rand, in his recent victory in Kentucky. They are good people.

Audit the Fed.

End the Fed.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Mon May 30, 2011 7:12 am

shinnosuke wrote:Dating myself here, but I worked in Ron Paul's capmpaign office in Houston when he won his first election in 1976. I was in high school and my dad recommended I volunteer there. It was the beginning of a long-term respect affair. I supported Ron's son, Rand, in his recent victory in Kentucky. They are good people.

Audit the Fed.

End the Fed.

Cool. 8-)

I first worked political campaigns in 1972. 18 year olds won the right to vote and I jumped in with both feet!
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby John_doe » Tue May 31, 2011 1:22 am

Thanks! Great video!

The republic is fading right in front of our eyes, the stage is set. If history repeats itself (and it does), this is going to get ugly.
Ancora Imparo

"You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails."

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby avidbrandy » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:36 pm

My wife just got a patdown at the airport today while going to visit her family. I called Rick Perry's office today to plead that he call a special session to try to get the anti-TSA bill passed during that time, as the federal government bullied them out of it last week. (HB 1937) It seems we'll get another session, but don't know what'll be on it. It's all I can do at the moment.
avidbrandy
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:43 am

avidbrandy wrote:My wife just got a patdown at the airport today while going to visit her family. I called Rick Perry's office today to plead that he call a special session to try to get the anti-TSA bill passed during that time, as the federal government bullied them out of it last week. (HB 1937) It seems we'll get another session, but don't know what'll be on it. It's all I can do at the moment.

Yeah, so many tuff talking paper tigers. Gov. Jan Brewer (AZ) does the same. Gov. Mary Fallin (OK) does the same. Speaker of the House, John Boenher, may be the worst with his "100 BILLION in spending cuts!". (It wasn't even a billion, wimp) :roll:
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions