Who will default? Care to put this list in order?

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Who will default? Care to put this list in order?

Postby Copper Catcher » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:01 pm

Let’s see....who will get tossed under the bus first? Greece sure looks like a real contender.

Portugal, Ireland, Italy, Greece, Spain or the US
:o
Copper Catcher
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Who will default? Care to put this list in order?

Postby henrysmedford » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:43 pm

They call that list the pigs.
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:50 pm

Copper Catcher wrote:Let’s see....who will get tossed under the bus first? Greece sure looks like a real contender.

Portugal, Ireland, Italy, Greece, Spain or the US
:o

Greece is already under the bus, with the lowest financial rating of any country that is rateable, and they've stopped and are backing up right now for a second run. After that, I'll go for Spain, Portugal, Ireland, Italy. US will trail Europe only because of the reserve currency status, as long as that remains.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Rosco » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:12 am

68Camaro wrote:
Greece is already under the bus, with the lowest financial rating of any country that is rateable, and they've stopped and are backing up right now for a second run. After that, I'll go for Spain, Portugal, Ireland, Italy. US will trail Europe only because of the reserve currency status, as long as that remains.

+1 we all will go down
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Postby Whinstone » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:50 am

I Think Greece's leaders are leaving the country tomorrow and handing it over to a new goverment or something like that ?? I don't know. Uh ....who will be next. I say Spain...then Portugal.....Then Italy, Ireland is so poor, they won't know that they have collapsed. By that time all of Europe will be in a mess,I think America will be the last to go.
Don't trouble trouble until trouble troubles you. You will only double trouble and trouble others too.........anonymous
Whinstone
Penny Pincher Member

Postby PennyPauper » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:12 am

The order doesn't matter,all ships with holes will sink.
PennyPauper
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:13 am

I thought Ireland already went under. Didn't they? Didn't they vote to not honor their debt commitments something like 6 weeks ago?!

I don't remember now. There was something to do with Ireland just a month, or two, ago. (It all seems to run together anymore.)
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby avidbrandy » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:46 am

I shorted the Euro at the start of this week and made quite a bit, but then did the typical dumb move and doubled down. It got fixed short term and I lost the profit. I love doing small-time currency trading on economic news right now, because your normal market indications based on graphs is moved to the back by world news over the last 3 years.
avidbrandy
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby John_doe » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:46 am

I'd be willing to bet Spain goes next if any. There is tons of financial turmoil in western Europe. The better question in my opinion, is where this spots the euro in the future.
Ancora Imparo

"You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails."

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby Know Common Cents » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:29 pm

We've all fallen and we can get up. Doesn't matter who's first. We'll all have our turn being kicked to the curb within a short period of time.
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions