Standard & Poor's, has downgraded America's top-notch AAA

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Standard & Poor's, has downgraded America's top-notch AAA

Postby henrysmedford » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:35 pm

Standard & Poor's, has downgraded America's top-notch AAA rating. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14428930

Look out for Sunday!!!!!!!
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Standard & Poor's, has downgraded America's top-notch AA

Postby Thogey » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:40 pm

The S is Hing the F.

I have about 50,000 in G backed securities, 200K in RE. and 162K in debt? What do I do now?

I f-in stink!
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby hobo finds » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:44 pm

How would the US punish the S&P for this? Move stocks to other areas?
hobo finds

Postby BamaJoe » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:01 pm

Shame they didn't do it yesterday as a birthday present to Obummer.
If you are waiting for the "correction" to buy you need to realize that the increasing prices ARE the correction.

$100 Silver soon coming to a location near you.
BamaJoe
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby henrysmedford » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:07 pm

Thogey wrote:The S is Hing the F.

I have about 50,000 in G backed securities, 200K in RE. and 162K in debt? What do I do now?

I f-in stink!

From--http://www.fdic.gov/news/news/press/2011/pr11133.html
Agencies Issue Guidance on Federal Debt

Earlier today, Standard & Poor’s rating agency lowered the long-term rating of the U.S. government and federal agencies from AAA to AA+. With regard to this action, the federal banking agencies are providing the following guidance to banks, savings associations, credit unions, and bank and savings and loan holding companies (collectively, banking organizations).

For risk-based capital purposes, the risk weights for Treasury securities and other securities issued or guaranteed by the U.S. government, government agencies, and government-sponsored entities will not change. The treatment of Treasury securities and other securities issued or guaranteed by the U.S. government, government agencies, and government-sponsored entities under other federal banking agency regulations, including, for example, the Federal Reserve Board’s Regulation W, will also be unaffected.
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:33 pm

Most pension funds are mandated by their prospectus to only invest in AAA graded debt. So if this plays out, you can expect a MASSIVE divestment of bonds this coming week... and most likely insufficient buyers to prevent a Bond Market meltdown.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions