Chavez demands physical delivery

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Re: Chavez demands physical delivery

Postby Thogey » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:42 pm

The thing is Mr Chavez has the balls to find a relative of a JPM Executive and put a gun to their head and ask "What, I didn't hear you"

The USA would just lay down and write it off onto it's citizen's books.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Chavez demands physical delivery

Postby fansubs_ca » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:31 am

John_doe wrote:
fansubs_ca wrote:
John_doe wrote:Yaaaaaarrrrrrr matey! :mrgreen:

Yaaaaaaaarrrr! Oh wait, I'm the wrong kind of pirate! I specialize in VHS, maybe
some bittorrent. ;)

You pirate VHS? What is this 1989? :D ;)

No, in 1989 I lived with my parents and they'ld be too scarred of the mounties kicking
in the door to arrest their lawbreaking kingpin son. ;) They seem to tolerate it as
long as I don't do it in their house or get the mail at their house so they don't get
any of the blame. :D Also didn't have internet then for my desperate clientel to
find me. ;)

Most of the VHS activity was from 1997 to about 2002, however for 2011 so far I have
had 2 people send a "list of demands"* for a grand total of 7 tapes, in 2010 I had one
"list of demands"* for 3 tapes so you can say customer count is up 100% over last year
and total sales is up 133%. Even way back when I joked that I'd get into putting
soundtrack onto 8 track if anyone actually requested it. :D One of my clients this year
is a repeat of last year who is now getting all the tapes they wanted to get when they
were younger but couldn't afford because they were too young.

*There was a huge debate in the anime fansub community that when you go to get tapes
from annother fan it should be called a "request" instead of an "order" like when you got
something from a company. I found the whole thing silly so I instructred people to refer
to their order/request/whatever as a "list of demands" to make fun of the whole situation.
This was inspired by one client in Saskatchewan that sent the original "list of demands"
and everybody rolled with it. I once got someone who sent me a catalog clipping that had
a toy gun pointed at a stuffed doll saying "meet my demands or the cabbit gets it". :-D
I was probably the goofiest fansub distro ever, still am, though now I think I'm the only
one. :D

Also Mr. Chavez clearly doesn't read this board as he's not aware of the tragic accidents
that happen when you load precious metals on a boat.

No wonder I'm a fan of subs! :lol:
fansubs_ca
Penny Hoarding Member

Previous

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions