You'll be forgiven if you defecate in your pants.

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

You'll be forgiven if you defecate in your pants.

Postby Delawhere Jack » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:59 pm

Total holdings in the Fed's Treasury custodial account and weekly change:

http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user5/imageroot/2011/09/UST%20Custodial%201.jpg

And the rest of the story:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/foreigners-dump-74-billion-treasurys-6-consecutive-weeks-biggest-sequential-outflow-history

Doesn't really matter who is dumping treasuries, Chinese or European banks or both, the consequences will be the same. Look closely at that first graph, at no time in the previous 3 years have the total holdings dropped for more than two consecutive weeks, and never to the extent that they have in the past 7 weeks. 6 out of seven weeks negative, with one minor blip up.

Got Hard Assets? :shock:
I've gone Galt. Obama and all the other commie's can kiss my a....
Delawhere Jack
Post Hoarder

Re: You'll be forgiven if you defecate in your pants.

Postby shinnosuke » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:17 pm

I read that earlier. Just wondering how long we keep world reserve status. Of course, there seems to be no alternative with the Euro tanking and talk of China folundering. However, some emergency can be created to demand a new world currency.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Mossy » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:53 pm

They must have a lot of problems if anything at all is getting through the curtains. Shanghai is falling apart? Detroit without the riots?
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Thogey » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:15 pm

I opened the thread looking for forgiveness.

Do I still have to read the articles?
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby avidbrandy » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:52 pm

That's pretty scary. Kinda dumb of me to be Long on the USD/CHF right now I am thinking.
avidbrandy
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions