Do We Still Have A Constitution?

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Do We Still Have A Constitution?

Postby Redneck » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:27 am

Redneck
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Do We Still Have A Constitution?

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:21 am

What if the best time to fight this fight is now? It is. It is only going to get worse. If you wait, your rights will only get weaker, it will only be harder. Fight to restore the Constitution now.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:46 am

Excellent summary of our current state by the Judge. I've forwarded it on.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Lemon Thrower » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:36 am

well if you read the constitution and compare it to reality, you would think there had been a coup sometime around JFK's assassination and they just didn't tell anyone. come to think of it, that's when they took the silver out of our coins.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Kurr » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:06 am

I haven't watched the video, but I would say that it goes back farther than that.

Some would argue it started with the 14th amendment, when we were all "re-classified" by law as something other than what we were and instead of Rights, we have "privilages and immunites".

Some would say it occured half a century later when Federal reserve was born.

Some would say we lost it when a few years later the government declared bankruptcy and the "United States Inc" was formed and we were put into receivorship or restructuring, whatever the correct term was.

Some would say it has to do with the Organic DC Act, where congress overstepped it's authority and set up a seperate governance and formed "The District of Columbia" and declared total control. Since then all States have subjected themselves to the total federal jurisdiction that congress holds over that patch of land, federal enclaves and territories.

Or the JFK thing, removing our monetary assets.

Or the drug war. Why was it that it took a constitutional amendment to ban alcahol, ratified by 2/3rds of the States, but, whatever they decide to declare a "drug" (raw milk, cinimon, herbs, etc etc) or anything relating to them, can be banned arbitrarily by federal "decree"? Whatever powers not delegated to the Feds remain with the States and The people? Then why do States have the medical marijuana laws saying they arel egal for whatever use and the DEA/FEDS arrest them and try them federally anyway? States Rights are a hologram.

From whichever angle of where it began, it is where we have ened up that matters most. The founding documents no longer carry water. We are told not to bring it up in our suits of aggression and defence against and from the State and Federal Governments. Not alot of differance, as we have seen with DHS directing the mayors to crackdown on protestors, and the blackmailing of States with federal funding and the dependancy therein to bend them to federal will?

And now congress is voting to declare your backyard as part of a battlezone, so the millitary can pick you up and hold you without charges, indefinatly, from American Soil, for any reason or no reason at all.

Do we have a constitution? Yes. Just like I have a title to my vehicle that says I have a right to do what I want with that property. It just seems to me that somewhere along the line our fedgov got a lien on the constituion and transformed it into "just a piece of paper", with treaties, laws, and debts overiding our Natural Rights.
KJV Bible w/ Strong's Concordance: http://www.blueletterbible.org/
The Two Republics: http://www.whitehorsemedia.com/docs/THE ... UBLICS.pdf
Good reading: Frederic Bastiat "The Law" http://bastiat.org/en/the_law.html

A number of people are educated beyond, sometimes way beyond, their intelligence. - Tenbears
Kurr
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby IdahoCopper » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:40 pm

The last in line protecting liberty is your county sheriff. Google Sheriff Mack for in depth study. The best thing to do is elect states-rights sheriffs in as many counties as possible.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions