Rapture to occur 5/21/2011?

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Rapture to occur 5/21/2011?

Postby beauanderos » Thu May 19, 2011 11:20 am

Someone at work asked me about this, this is the first I'd heard about it. We have a lot of people on this forum who profess to be God-fearing Christians... what do you all think of this? Is this guy an alarmist or could it be possible? I thought there was scripture that states something to the effect that no man can predict the moment at which Christ will re-appear? If so, then this guy's prediction seems to contradict scripture, not support it. Kurr? Thogey?

http://www.ebiblefellowship.com/outreach/tracts/may21/
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Rapture to occur 5/21/2011?

Postby daviscfad » Thu May 19, 2011 11:31 am

I dont think it will be long before the sky breaks open but I could be wrong. I can almost guarantee it want happen on the 21 may 2011 just b.c this man has said it will. Just when you think you can prove what God can do he will show you that you cant
Spencer Davis

Learning, Turning, & Earning

inquiring minds want to know!

Old Feedback Thread
daviscfad
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Neckro » Thu May 19, 2011 11:35 am

Hopefully they pull a heavens gate.
Neckro
Post Hoarder

Postby aloneibreak » Thu May 19, 2011 1:35 pm

matthew 24 includes the verses about how no one knows the time of christs coming

of course it could possibly be saturday --- just as its possible his return could be today

undoubtedly there will be some suicides

lots of people have quit their jobs and spent every last cent they had thinking this was the end

camping was wrong before in 1994

definately a false teacher
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby PennyPauper » Thu May 19, 2011 1:40 pm

The Rapture is false doctrine.Jesus won't return until after the anti christ makes his appearance.
PennyPauper
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby slickeast » Thu May 19, 2011 2:04 pm

The Bible says that even Jesus doesn't know the time or date of his return, but this guy does. It can happen while you are reading this, or 10,000+ years from now.
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby 68Camaro » Thu May 19, 2011 3:29 pm

I know of the guy that started this, and he's a nutcase. (And I'm a Christian...)
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Kurr » Thu May 19, 2011 7:40 pm

Just the day before this was posted I was reading in the truck waiting for the wife to come out of the store.

"rapture" is not mentioned in the scriptures. See dispensationalism.

1Cr 15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

1Cr 15:24 Then [cometh] the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

1Cr 15:25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

1Cr 15:26 The last enemy [that] shall be destroyed [is] death.

**** Has this occurred?

1Cr 15:27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under [him, it is] manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

1Cr 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

1Cr 15:29 ¶ Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead?

1Cr 15:30 And why stand we in jeopardy every hour?

1Cr 15:31 I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.

1Cr 15:32 If after the manner of men I have fought with beasts at Ephesus, what advantageth it me, if the dead rise not? let us eat and drink; for to morrow we die.

1Cr 15:33 Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.

1Cr 15:34 Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak [this] to your shame.

1Cr 15:35 ¶ But some [man] will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?

1Cr 15:36 [Thou] fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:

1Cr 15:37 And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other [grain]:

1Cr 15:38 But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.

1Cr 15:39 All flesh [is] not the same flesh: but [there is] one [kind of] flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, [and] another of birds.

1Cr 15:40 [There are] also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial [is] one, and the [glory] of the terrestrial [is] another.

1Cr 15:41 [There is] one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for [one] star differeth from [another] star in glory.

1Cr 15:42 So also [is] the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:

1Cr 15:43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:

1Cr 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. [/b]

I believe this touches into what is meant.

I repented, accepted Jesus and was baptised at an early age, past the ageof accountability, of my own accord. But along the way in life I turned apostate. Fell away from the teachings and went the way of the world. I was "dead" in Christ, so to speak. My words, heart and actions served only myself and not Him.

Last year I had a profound experiance in which I was given a sign, and in effect because of this I have been "reborn". I seek to understand and live the doctrine of the 1st century Christians. My spirit has been raised from the "dead" state that it lay in.

There is an awakening going on spiritually. It is my belief that this is the end of days, as more and more "dead" are "raised", and we use the spiritual gifts that are given true believers. 1 corinthians 12 describes and defines some of these gifts.

I do not believe any man knows the day, as was mentioned, not even Jesus knows when he will return.

Who can look at the world and NOT say Satan is in control. Even when Jesus went into the wilderness, did not Satan offer All manner of things to him, even worship the devil in return for all the kingdoms of the world. Luke has the devil explicitly claim this authority had previously been handed to himself, the devil.

How could he offer what he did not have/control?

Finaly, again let's look at 1Cr 15:24 Then [cometh] the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

This is why I say my libertarianism is compatible with christianity. As we rise to fight tyranny, are we not doing His work? This is why I say I have no allegiance but to Him. When he delivered Isreal to the promised land, did he give them a government? NO! He did not! And when they asked for a "king" so they could be like the other nations, were they not told that they would be enslaved to and by that (governance)?

I do believe we are in the days of the prophesies, but the truth has been distorted mightily and people are blind to see the Light.

Im not quittin my work or expecting the world to end in may, but any that believe that way, can make a donation of their earthly possesions to me and I will make sure some needy people get them!

Sorry about the long post, but you all know how I get on these things, and you did ask!
KJV Bible w/ Strong's Concordance: http://www.blueletterbible.org/
The Two Republics: http://www.whitehorsemedia.com/docs/THE ... UBLICS.pdf
Good reading: Frederic Bastiat "The Law" http://bastiat.org/en/the_law.html

A number of people are educated beyond, sometimes way beyond, their intelligence. - Tenbears
Kurr

Postby Corsair » Thu May 19, 2011 8:01 pm

I don't want to start a religious debate, but I find it funny how people believe the Bible to be nothing but truth. There are other religions out there, and those religions' followers are just as sure that they are right as Christians are sure that they, in fact, are right. As for the end of the world, people might as well be quoting from the Quran, tea leaves, or the stars as opposed to the Bible.
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby Neckro » Thu May 19, 2011 8:06 pm

=) It's Magic!
Neckro
Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Thu May 19, 2011 8:27 pm

What really sucks is these preachers (hypocrites, false prophets etc) turn a lot of people away from the truth. It's a choice in life, to know the truth.

They do so much harm with their lust for power, it's very sad.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby Roadrunner » Thu May 19, 2011 8:43 pm

Well said, Kurr! I also believe the rapture is false doctrine.

The Old Testament says (I'm paraphrasing here) that when a prophet predicts something and it doesn't come true, don't believe that prophet.
This guy predicted once when the world would end, and he was wrong. False prophet alert! I can hardly believe anyone believes this nonsense.

Bottom line: the only thing this hoax is useful for is to remind us to be prepared and to live like the Judgment Day is coming any time, because NO ONE except the Father knows the day or the hour.
"The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, says the LORD of hosts." ~Haggai 2:8
Roadrunner
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Thu May 19, 2011 10:39 pm

God fearing people are suppose to live every day as if it was their last. Will the earth end Saturday? Or 1,000 years from now? It really does not matter because whatever happens is God's will. If you are living the obedient life, then you are always striving to do God's will.

One of the best responses I ever heard about the question of "IF the world ended tomorrow, what would you do?" was "Keep right on doing what I was doing!"

If a believer is living in God's will, when the end happens really does not matter.

To put it into the firefighter's vernacular: "Until your number is up, you are not going anywhere so don't worry about it. When your number is finally up, there ain't nothin' you can do to stop it, so don't worry about it!"
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby scrapper2010 » Fri May 20, 2011 6:56 am

Corsair wrote:I don't want to start a religious debate, but I find it funny how people believe the Bible to be nothing but truth. There are other religions out there, and those religions' followers are just as sure that they are right as Christians are sure that they, in fact, are right. As for the end of the world, people might as well be quoting from the Quran, tea leaves, or the stars as opposed to the Bible.

Right on brother. One thing is for sure, the earth will be swallowed up by the sun as the sun ages and runs out of hydrogen fuel at its core, just like every other star in the universe will if they haven't already, check out hubble photos of the demise of other suns. Whether or not we'll be here when that happens is another discussion.
Old feedback thread viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3581
scrapper2010
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby psi » Fri May 20, 2011 7:36 am

While I believe the Bible contains a lot of good advice on living a fulfilling life and getting along with other people, no matter how you slice it the decisions on which writings to include were made by humans and were inherently somewhat arbitrary. The apocalyptic predictions, as well as a lot of the other 'wrath of God' type stuff, don't really ring true for me so I don't devote much attention to them. I'd rather focus on trying to be a good person instead of worrying about the negatives.
psi
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby brian0918 » Fri May 20, 2011 10:01 am

He could predict the end of the world a thousand times and happen to get it right once, it doesn't matter. That prophecy will not have been true, because there is no means by which he could have known that information. The same goes for Nostradamus and any other individual predicting highly-specific events in the distant future. Any prophecies that happen to coincide with reality are simply that - coincidence - and will never have any truth value, because there is no logical or causal connection between the predictions and the results. In fact, it is often the contrary - many prophesied events occur because prophecies were made (i.e. they were self-fulfilling).
"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." -- Ayn Rand
brian0918
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Kurr » Fri May 20, 2011 11:09 am

One thing that does weigh heavily on myself is the way certain words/ideas are interpreted today. I said the Truth has been distorted mightily and would like to clarify, just for a moment, and look at what the term "prophet" and "prophesy" really mean, instead of the "modern interpretation"

http://spiritualgifts.wordpress.com/2007/06/27/65/
SPIRITUAL GIFT OF PROPHECY

In Romans 12:6 Paul writes, “If a man’s gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith” (NIV). Strong interprets prophecy as a “prediction (scriptural or other), an inspired speaker; or to speak under inspiration.” In the Old Testament prophecy was often predictive or praying and speaking on behalf of God, calling the people to repent of their sins or face God’s wrath. In the New Testament, because the scripture was not complete, prophecy was speaking on God’s behalf with authority on the Christian experience. Paul writes in
I Corinthians 14:3 that prophecy was to edify, encourage and comfort the believers.
Prophecy today is still through an inspired speaker. A person with this gift, like its Old Testament counterpart, has a keen awareness of current events and the cultural implications of not following God’s word. This is important because each church is made up of people, customs, and circumstances that are different from others. Prophecy helps us apply the scriptures to where we live. A person with this gift has a burden to warn of God’s judgment and the need for us to repent.

http://www.participatorystudyseries.com ... sku=PSS016

What is prophecy?
Prophecy is speaking the word or message of God for a particular circumstance or time.

In Biblical times prophets foretold the future, condemned unrighteous acts, gave encouragement, recommended courses of action to rulers or to priests and warned of judgment.

Only a small portion of the work of a prophet involves predicting the future, and even the predictions are designed either to teach or to correct.

What is the gift of prophecy?
The gift of prophecy is the gift of receiving messages from the Lord to speak forth.
These messages can come at any time or place and are often not under the conscious control of the person who speaks them so that the person speaking does not choose whether to utter the message. (If the gift of prophecy is true, the message will always be from God, of course.)

The gift of prophecy is one of the information types of gifts given by the Holy Spirit. Others are words of knowledge or wisdom and discernment. Prophecy is distinguished from these other gifts in that it provides a direct message from God and is usually identified as the word of the Lord when the prophet speaks it in one way or another, though not always.

Does the person with the gift of prophecy only receive messages expressed in words?
A person with the gift of prophecy may receive messages in various ways, including visions (Ezekiel 1), dreams (Daniel 7), words of knowledge or wisdom, discernment and the operation of another spiritual gift such as teaching (Paul's epistles, Hebrews, James). Very often the prophet's message will come in a way that requires the prophet to find the words to describe the message. It may even be in the form of a strong emotional impression.

Is the gift of prophecy different from the office of the prophet?
Yes. Many people may have the gift of prophecy to use in whatever office they exercise in the church. A pastor, evangelist or teacher may have this gift. An apostle probably will have it.

The office of the prophet is one established in the church to provide continuing correction and guidance from a person that the church recognizes as possessing a true gift. The church also recognizes that the person is reliable in the exercise of that gift and has the wisdom to use it properly. In appointing someone to the office of prophet, the church recognizes that the person so commissioned will speak the word of the Lord only when he or she is certain that a message is from God.

Pastors, evangelists, teachers and other church leaders, as well as those exercising the office of the prophet must apply discernment to any message identified as a word from the Lord, and must correct those who express a false word.

******************************************************************************************
It is time we have an apstacy from the false religions of the world and the "corporate churches" and return to the True Teaching of Christ. I try to speak on this when I can, as I see so many being led astray.

Yes the books we know as the canon were selected by men and many books/writings/recordings have been removed/censored by man. Through dilligent study, our faith, and prayer we can recieve the truth and relearn both what is expected of ourselves and how to worship the Father in a way that is pleases and glorifies Him, and is clothed in rightiousness.
KJV Bible w/ Strong's Concordance: http://www.blueletterbible.org/
The Two Republics: http://www.whitehorsemedia.com/docs/THE ... UBLICS.pdf
Good reading: Frederic Bastiat "The Law" http://bastiat.org/en/the_law.html

A number of people are educated beyond, sometimes way beyond, their intelligence. - Tenbears
Kurr

Postby beauanderos » Fri May 20, 2011 12:23 pm

Thanks, Steve, for taking the time to address this issue. ;)
beauanderos

Postby Know Common Cents » Fri May 20, 2011 3:43 pm

I'm on a plane tomorrow. Hopefully there'll be someplace to land!

May eventually happen, but not on May 21, 2011.
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby rickygee » Fri May 20, 2011 8:32 pm

A guy on the radio this morning said: "Just in case, don't buy any green bananas!" :lol:
rickygee
Penny Collector Member

Postby Corsair » Fri May 20, 2011 9:55 pm

Spent my last day on earth watching three movies: 127 Hours, Pirates 4, and Casino Jack. Finishing up the latter with a chicken sandwich and pasta and a very, very cold water. Good way to go out, I believe.
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Fri May 20, 2011 10:25 pm

Here's a great youtube refutation of this guy's claims:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnP88jJU ... gwodYQ8bUw
beauanderos

Postby Corsair » Fri May 20, 2011 10:45 pm

beauanderos wrote:Here's a great youtube refutation of this guy's claims:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnP88jJU ... gwodYQ8bUw

The guy in the video, who talks with his hands way too much, says that he absolutely guarantees that tomorrow isn't Judgment Day. And then he goes on to say that no one knows when Judgment Day will be. He knows when it's not...he must be the Cat in the Hat!
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby PennyPauper » Fri May 20, 2011 11:57 pm

I hope it isn't "THE DAY" because too many are not ready. But when HE does return it will be a glorious day.
PennyPauper
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby psi » Sat May 21, 2011 5:20 am

Looks like a pretty nice day so far, may go down to the beach later.
psi
Penny Hoarding Member

Next

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions