Obama to Business Owners: "You didn't build that."

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Re: Obama to Business Owners: "You didn't build that."

Postby Treetop » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:55 pm

barrytrot wrote:
Engineer wrote:Today you didn't build your business, tomorrow you didn't build your house.

Well I actually did NOT build my house, so that one makes sense.

But I (and my partners) DEFINITELY did build my business!

If society didnt exist, you wouldnt have a business, you can admit that much atleast cant you?? :lol:
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby IdahoCopper » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:36 am

In 1905 SCOTUS ruled that the individual owes society nothing. Obama is proven to be an idiot.

"The individual may stand upon his constitutional Rights as a citizen. He is entitled to carry on his private business in his own way. His power to contract is unlimited………. His Rights are such as existed by the law of the land [Common Law] long antecedent to the organization of the State,……….. He owes nothing to the public so long as he does not trespass upon their Rights." Hale v. Henkel, 201 U.S. 43 at 47 (1905).
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby barrytrot » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:28 am

Treetop wrote:
barrytrot wrote:
Engineer wrote:Today you didn't build your business, tomorrow you didn't build your house.

Well I actually did NOT build my house, so that one makes sense.

But I (and my partners) DEFINITELY did build my business!

If society didnt exist, you wouldnt have a business, you can admit that much atleast cant you?? :lol:

Yes, the absence of the rest of mankind obfuscates my business ;)
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:36 am

IdahoCopper wrote:In 1905 SCOTUS ruled that the individual owes society nothing. Obama is proven to be an idiot.

"The individual may stand upon his constitutional Rights as a citizen. He is entitled to carry on his private business in his own way. His power to contract is unlimited………. His Rights are such as existed by the law of the land [Common Law] long antecedent to the organization of the State,……….. He owes nothing to the public so long as he does not trespass upon their Rights." Hale v. Henkel, 201 U.S. 43 at 47 (1905).

IC, I love it! Want to live my life by it! Good luck trying to live that way now. Tyrants now rule Washington, DC.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Mossy » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:51 pm

Treetop wrote: If society didnt exist, you wouldnt have a business, you can admit that much atleast cant you?? :lol:

Trade needs a lot less society than most think.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Previous

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions