Israeli attack on Iran Imminent

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Re: Israeli attack on Iran Imminent

Postby Engineer » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:18 am

John_doe wrote:I just find it hard to digest the I preach war yet don't want to fight/sign up for the military rhetoric. The color wasplaced on purpose.

Practice what you preach, or step aside.

For what purpose, though? If you're proud of what you're saying, why would you hide it in a hard to read color?
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby John_doe » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:22 am

I highly doubt the Chinese and Russians will attack their own investment.

Let alone, attacking their own money, again.

I really don't understand how they plan to finance it, being broke and all.
Last edited by John_doe on Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ancora Imparo

"You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails."

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby Engineer » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:25 am

John_doe wrote:I highly doubt the Chinese and Russians will attack their own investment.

When in doubt, change the subject?
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby John_doe » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:30 am

Engineer wrote:
John_doe wrote:I highly doubt the Chinese and Russians will attack their own investment.

Reach or throw, don't go. I always say.
Ancora Imparo

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby John_doe » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:34 am

Engineer wrote:

when in doubt avoid another mans fight I suppose. Continue your rhetoric.
Ancora Imparo

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby Engineer » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:43 am

John_doe wrote:Reach or throw, don't go. I always say.

Is that a change in subject, or more inane ramblings?

John_doe wrote:when in doubt avoid another mans fight I suppose. Continue your rhetoric.

I have proposed no "rhetoric" and only asked questions as to your actions...which you have evaded.
Would you like to continue, or are you done trolling for the night?
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby John_doe » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:57 am

Not my fight, continue. I'll leave it alone.

I shall remain nuetral and peaceful towards both, enjoy the fight.
Ancora Imparo

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby John_doe » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:20 am

Engineer wrote:
John_doe wrote:I just find it hard to digest the I preach war yet don't want to fight/sign up for the military rhetoric. The color wasplaced on purpose.

Practice what you preach, or step aside.

For what purpose, though? If you're proud of what you're saying, why would you hide it in a hard to read color?

You are yet to post a position at all. Peace or war?
Ancora Imparo

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby Engineer » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:21 am

John_doe wrote:What we have is a bunch of people running from their mouth. Sounds to me like a bunch of people with something to prove, but to scared to face the music.

This is a rather large statement for someone who claims it isn't their fight. My guess is that you're one of those people who aren't willing to face the music.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby John_doe » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:29 am

Engineer wrote:
John_doe wrote:What we have is a bunch of people running from their mouth. Sounds to me like a bunch of people with something to prove, but to scared to face the music.

This is a rather large statement for someone who claims it isn't their fight. My guess is that you're one of those people who aren't willing to face the music.

You are 100% right. Not my fight, not going to face the music. :D

Do you support war or peace?
Ancora Imparo

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby Engineer » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:38 am

John_doe wrote:You are 100% right. Not my fight, not going to face the music. :D

So, this is what I'm getting. You start a thread complaining about a problem, and then complain about people full of hot air not willing to stand up for what they believe in, and then say it isn't your fight.

If that's the case, why would you even bother to start the thread in the first place?
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby John_doe » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:47 am

Engineer wrote:
John_doe wrote:You are 100% right. Not my fight, not going to face the music. :D

So, this is what I'm getting. You start a thread complaining about a problem, and then complain about people full of hot air not willing to stand up for what they believe in, and then say it isn't your fight.

If that's the case, why would you even bother to start the thread in the first place?

2 types of people in this world. People with problems, and people with solutions. Pump your problems, or have a solution.
Ancora Imparo

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby Treetop » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:48 am

I cant entirely figure out what you guys are even talking about.

Iran has not threatened us. To me I still have to wonder if irans push for trading oil in gold is the real reason for the war drums coming out. I know iraq was moving on something similar right before we invaded. So was libya, heck in libya those we helped empower literally had direct ties to people we fight elsewhere. So Im left wondering if this is a resource/currency war. Makes a heck od a lot more sense then the official explanations.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Treetop » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:49 am

As a side note to john doe, you seem like a nice guy, but its pretty often I have no idea what your talking about.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby IdahoCopper » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:03 am

US politics is completely based on fear. Fearful voters will vote for anything that they are told will "save" them. Iran is the current Boogeyman. There is always a Boogyman to prop up and say, "Be AFRAID! Be very afraid!" Then the sheeple will vote as the state-controlled media directs by saying, "You can't be safe unless we go to war, and restrict even more of your freedoms."

If Iran gets a nuke, and finds a way to deliver it, say to Washington D.C; two things will happen. First, they will have done us the greatest favor by vaporizing all the Congresscritters and our lying, piss-ant president. (All our recent presidents have been lying piss-ants, and so will be the next few)

Secondly, our military will retaliate with a nuclear ferocity that will leave Iran as a flat, smooth, melted green-glass plain, radioactive for 10s of generations.

The fear the politicians want to engender is that the USA cannot afford to loose even one city. The truth is, yes, we can afford to loose a city, if it means keeping our freedoms. Sure, its not ideal, but as Franklin said, "When you trade your freedoms for supposed security, and you will have neither." I'd rather keep our freedoms and take the risk of loosing a city.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:00 am

IdahoCopper wrote:US politics is completely based on fear. Fearful voters will vote for anything that they are told will "save" them. Iran is the current Boogeyman. There is always a Boogyman to prop up and say, "Be AFRAID! Be very afraid!" Then the sheeple will vote as the state-controlled media directs by saying, "You can't be safe unless we go to war, and restrict even more of your freedoms."

If Iran gets a nuke, and finds a way to deliver it, say to Washington D.C; two things will happen. First, they will have done us the greatest favor by vaporizing all the Congresscritters and our lying, piss-ant president. (All our recent presidents have been lying piss-ants, and so will be the next few)

Secondly, our military will retaliate with a nuclear ferocity that will leave Iran as a flat, smooth, melted green-glass plain, radioactive for 10s of generations.

The fear the politicians want to engender is that the USA cannot afford to loose even one city. The truth is, yes, we can afford to loose a city, if it means keeping our freedoms. Sure, its not ideal, but as Franklin said, "When you trade your freedoms for supposed security, and you will have neither." I'd rather keep our freedoms and take the risk of loosing a city.

I would never endorse nuking a US city.... but if it's gotta happen, let it be on the east coast! That way the prevailing trade winds carry the fallout out to sea.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:10 am

John_doe wrote:
Engineer wrote:

2 types of people in this world. People with problems, and people with solutions. Pump your problems, or have a solution.

Oh, my, I have stumbled onto the weird side of Realcent! :lol: LMAO!!!

This is not John_doe, it's really Mr. T!

"sounds like you got crapped on, fool!. Enjoy your war, fool! and I'll enjoy my peace. You fight alone, sucka!. It never ceases to amaze me, those who preach war, but run when it comes to the fight."

"Pump your problems, or have a solution, fool!"

"Reach or throw, don't go. I always say. Fool!"

When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby John_doe » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:11 am

I'll be amazed if they can pull off a war. China isn't going to fund an attack on their allies.
Ancora Imparo

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby John_doe » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:16 am

IdahoCopper wrote:US politics is completely based on fear. Fearful voters will vote for anything that they are told will "save" them. Iran is the current Boogeyman. There is always a Boogyman to prop up and say, "Be AFRAID! Be very afraid!" Then the sheeple will vote as the state-controlled media directs by saying, "You can't be safe unless we go to war, and restrict even more of your freedoms."

Even if they did develope a nuke (I am not saying they are trying, and if they are it's a diplomatic failure on washingtons behalf), they could not reach the us with it.
Ancora Imparo

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby John_doe » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:20 am

The people that are critical of my opinion still have not answered wether they support war or peace yet.

It seems to me they support war, but can't afford it, and certainly do not want to fight it themselves. I am just assuming here since there is a failure to answer.
Ancora Imparo

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:13 pm

John_doe wrote:

Even if they did develope a nuke (I am not saying they are trying, and if they are it's a diplomatic failure on washingtons behalf), they could not reach the us with it.

Why is it a failure on Washington's behalf? How can Washington be held at fault when the other side refuses to cooperate? Why isn't it about how the Shia's believe if they start Armageddon their Islamic equivalent to a savior (the Madhi) will come to earth and usher in an Islamic Heaven on Earth? Dar al Islam will encompass the entire world?

John, beyond 30 sec sound bites on sites like Comedy Central, have you really studied anything on this subject? You are making wild statements that really have not much to do with current events in Iran. They have a lot more to do with hating the current state of affairs in our country.

Only madmen want war.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby John_doe » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:18 pm

I don't know what to tell ya. I guess if you support the war go, if you don't let the cards fall where they may. I just don't understand how people can encourage a war without actually fighting it. I happen to personally believe that there are diplomatic solutions, and would personally rather not fight for something that can be easily avoided.
Last edited by John_doe on Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ancora Imparo

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby Mossy » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:20 pm

"War or Peace"? Are you assuming that war can be fought only one way, and peace is only possible one way? Should only those who are active duty military, in a combat zone, be able to present the "fight" side of the argument and everyone else has to either shut up or support "Peace at Any Cost"?

The current battle is not with nations, but against a primitive religion in an expansionist phase (Islam). The current expansionist faction of Islam is being funded by the rich oil sheiks, who want the trouble makers elsewhere, where they are unable to demand reform (or, more correctly, a share of the loot) in their home countries. According to the "community organizer" preachers, the West is an external threat full of people unworthy of keeping the wealth they have, who (by not shipping it to the "worthy", the believers) are criminally and sinfully stealing it from it's rightful owners.

If that last sounds like the mindset of those who are part of the US criminal culture, I agree.

Third world nations, not just the Moslem ones, are third world because of their cultures and rulers, not because they are being kept down.

BTW, I am a (heavily armed) Viet Nam era vet, too old and crippled to fight in the sandbox, but not too bad off I cannot pull a trigger.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby John_doe » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:27 pm

Mossy wrote:"War or Peace"? Are you assuming that war can be fought only one way, and peace is only possible one way? Should only those who are active duty military, in a combat zone, be able to present the "fight" side of the argument and everyone else has to either shut up or support "Peace at Any Cost"?

The current battle is not with nations, but against a primitive religion in an expansionist phase (Islam). The current expansionist faction of Islam is being funded by the rich oil sheiks, who want the trouble makers elsewhere, where they are unable to demand reform (or, more correctly, a share of the loot) in their home countries. According to the "community organizer" preachers, the West is an external threat full of people unworthy of keeping the wealth they have, who (by not shipping it to the "worthy", the believers) are criminally and sinfully stealing it from it's rightful owners.

If that last sounds like the mindset of those who are part of the US criminal culture, I agree.

Third world nations, not just the Moslem ones, are third world because of their cultures and rulers, not because they are being kept down.

BTW, I am a (heavily armed) Viet Nam era vet, too old and crippled to fight in the sandbox, but not too bad off I cannot pull a trigger.

Like I said if you support it them back it 100%, if you think there are logical solutions then back those. If you support it then I certainly respect your decision, but i personally would not go. I certainly can not stop you, or anyone else for that matter from doing whatever you do. I control me, and me supports a diplomatic solution. I just think the media is trying to stir up a big fight a fit someone else with bill.
Ancora Imparo

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:48 pm

John_doe wrote:I don't know what to tell ya. I guess if you support the war go, if you don't let the cards fall where they may. I just don't understand how people can encourage a war without actually fighting it. I happen to personally believe that there are diplomatic solutions, and would personally rather not fight for something that can be easily avoided.

Please show me anywhere in this thread any member of Realcent advocating war with Iran.

You just said: " I happen to personally believe that there are diplomatic solutions, and would personally rather not fight for something that can be easily avoided."

Okay, what are those diplomatic solutions? If this is so easy, I am sure you will have no trouble telling us what they are. Please list them.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

PreviousNext

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions