Iowa Straw Poll Results

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Re: Iowa Straw Poll Results

Postby Copper Catcher » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:31 am

Ron Paul is the Rodney Dangerfield of the political arena. The media will never let him get elected and he is as exciting as a wet noodle to watch. His main problem is he lacks the understand that he need to keep what he says simple and to the point and not just go on and on.

Bachmann would end up being a puppet if she got elected. Likewise if it comes down to her versus Obama, with all the money and media behind him the strategy will be to simply make her look foolish and incompetent to lead. People would not really be voting for her but against him.

Obama can't run on a record of accomplishments. What has he done that he can say was a success that the average person could agree with?

There needs to be a line that says: None of the above!
Copper Catcher
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Redneck » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:28 am

The fact that he takes time to explain himself, the reasoning behind his motives and the abilty to back them up with facts, proves that he's the only one competent to be leader.

The rest are puppets for TPTB, or they soon will be.

So how is the media and TPTB going to combat Ron Pauls campaign...???

They're just going to ignore him...

>

>
Redneck
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Treetop » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:36 am

bachman as a tea party? I watched the tea party from the start. It started out grassroots. Seems to me though theres a few factions now. bachmans history is NOT tea party style. Not even remotely. buyer beware....

As for ron paul? honestly if he got the republican nomination and didnt win the presidency it would be because of war supporters on the right, nothing else.

I say this because I now MANY lefties who realize a president cant get EVERYTHING he wants and understand economics to know we need someone like paul to clean house....
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:22 pm

Copper Catcher wrote:
There needs to be a line that says: None of the above!

There is. Vote for Dr. Ron Paul.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby adagirl » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:15 pm

NHsorter wrote:God spare us from Bachmann. I can't put my finger on it, but something about her just makes my stomach churn a little. I just don't see a happy ending with that one. Deep down I just feel like she has no shot head to head against Obama. Even with his completely piss poor job performance and disdain for all that is good.

I hear ya. I would still vote for Bachmann over Obummmer in a NY second. :D
adagirl
Penny Collector Member

Previous

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions