Raise your hand if....

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Re: Raise your hand if....

Postby Delawhere Jack » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:02 pm

Merwanseth wrote:I am very saddened and disappointed to see this topic appear on Realcent. I would be equally disappointed if the main focus of this topic were George Bush or Ronald Reagan.

I respect anyone who posts a topic describing some pertinent issue (like the economy, coins, bullion, etc.). And they then choose to adamantly disagree with how a person, organization or politician appears to be dealing with that issue. That is fair game, and should be discussed at Realcent, because it will offer its participants and readers some insight.

I think it's unfortunate when appropriate disagreement with someone's policy is then degraded and cheapened into junior high school name calling.

Dude,......we collect COPPER PENNIES!for god sake, how mature do you think we could be? If you want mature discussion go read NPR blogs!
I've gone Galt. Obama and all the other commie's can kiss my a....
Delawhere Jack
Post Hoarder

Postby John_doe » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:19 pm

Delawhere Jack wrote:
Merwanseth wrote:I am very saddened and disappointed to see this topic appear on Realcent. I would be equally disappointed if the main focus of this topic were George Bush or Ronald Reagan.

I respect anyone who posts a topic describing some pertinent issue (like the economy, coins, bullion, etc.). And they then choose to adamantly disagree with how a person, organization or politician appears to be dealing with that issue. That is fair game, and should be discussed at Realcent, because it will offer its participants and readers some insight.

I think it's unfortunate when appropriate disagreement with someone's policy is then degraded and cheapened into junior high school name calling.

Dude,......we collect COPPER PENNIES!for god sake, how mature do you think we could be? If you want mature discussion go read NPR blogs!

:lol: 8-)
Ancora Imparo

"You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails."

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:12 pm

Simon says smile for the camera

Now raise your right hand........Oh, sorry your out......Simon didn't say.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Mossy » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:25 pm

Two people looking his way. Several looking a bit strained.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby John_doe » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:05 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:Simon says smile for the camera

Now raise your right hand........Oh, sorry your out......Simon didn't say.

:lol:

I solomnly swear to uphold the constitution of the united states. Oh wait we already did that part.....
Ancora Imparo

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby silverflake » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:24 pm

Is that Jim Cramer from CNBCs Mad Money on the far left, second row from the top? And Mr. Bean from the BBC in the last row, 3rd from the left.

Raise your hand if you use the Constitution as toilet paper...
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby aloneibreak » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:06 pm

silverflake wrote:Is that Jim Cramer from CNBCs Mad Money on the far left, second row from the top? And Mr. Bean from the BBC in the last row, 3rd from the left.

Raise your hand if you use the Constitution as toilet paper...

ha ha i thought the same thing !

ol' mr bean could teach barry a thing or two...
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:18 pm

theo wrote:I do agree that, as a rule, we should avoid personal attacks. Although a few posts on this thread went over the line, I've seen much much worse elsewhere. Although, I don't do a lot of it myself, I believe criticizing his policies and bewildering mistakes is fair game.

On another note, I'm embarrassed to say that I recognize very few of the individuals in the photo. For example who is the smiling 30-something lady to Obama's above left (next to "Reagan")?

Isn't that Terri Carr, Bob Hope's granddaughter? :P
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:22 pm

Delawhere Jack wrote:

LMAO!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:43 pm

I have either been a lurker or a member at Realcent for a few years. I have enjoyed and appreciated the mix of views and topics presented by Realcent members. I have learned a lot, and in some cases, my own personal thoughts concerning some important issues have been changed or clarified by what I have read here.

I have been around Realcent long enough to not let this particular topic turn me off to the value of Realcent. And I hope to continue to contribute in a responsible and honorable way. But I wonder about those new lurkers and new Realcent members who may be horrified with the personal attacks and insults they might read about if this type of topic is condoned and becomes more common at Realcent...

There are legitimate times to have fun and joke around. What kind of a message does Realcent want to send out to cyberspace...?

Hello Merwanseth, this is a lampoon and we are having a little fun over the POTUS lapse in good judgement. I seriously contemplated putting this on the Member's Only section, but wanted to have the greatest exposure. Also, this thread is appropriate for the "Economic & Business News, Reports and Predictions" section. If you will read the criteria for this section it also includes political commentary. This lampoon is also political commentary.

If you would like to join in on the fun, yet would rather support the Prez instead of poke fun at him... be my guest. Think up something that is supportive and phrase it into a "raise your hand if ... " statement. We all try to be good sports here and most likely will laugh with you.

I don't mean to offend and do not want to get off on the wrong foot with you, but I find it awful ..... EDIT: I snipped the rest of my comment... not interested in another flame war with anyone. Enjoy the thread everyone!
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby BamaJoe » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:36 pm

Delawhere Jack wrote:

Best line of the thread. :lol:
If you are waiting for the "correction" to buy you need to realize that the increasing prices ARE the correction.

$100 Silver soon coming to a location near you.
BamaJoe
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:28 pm

I for one welcome some humor in a world that is TOO politically correct.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Rosco » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:50 am

Sheikh Good Snip an mostly good Fun

Could we borrow the lack of confidence clause an :twisted: Ask for vote on the Demos
NOW PLEASE :lol: :lol:
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:20 am

Rosco wrote:Sheikh Good Snip an mostly good Fun

Could we borrow the lack of confidence clause an :twisted: Ask for vote on the Demos
NOW PLEASE :lol: :lol:

Thanks, Rosco. Whadda you know? Maybe this was a "maturing" moment for me. NPR, here I come! :P
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby John_doe » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:53 am

I have either been a lurker or a member at Realcent for a few years. I have enjoyed and appreciated the mix of views and topics presented by Realcent members. I have learned a lot, and in some cases, my own personal thoughts concerning some important issues have been changed or clarified by what I have read here.

I have been around Realcent long enough to not let this particular topic turn me off to the value of Realcent. And I hope to continue to contribute in a responsible and honorable way. But I wonder about those new lurkers and new Realcent members who may be horrified with the personal attacks and insults they might read about if this type of topic is condoned and becomes more common at Realcent...

There are legitimate times to have fun and joke around. What kind of a message does Realcent want to send out to cyberspace...?

who farted? Raise your hand.
Ancora Imparo

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby John_doe » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:18 am

Who has Ben bernanke's number, I accidentally deleted all the numbers out of my phone.
Ancora Imparo

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby John_doe » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:24 am

On three everyone raises their right hand for the picture.

Ready.......

Damnit Barry.
Ancora Imparo

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby John_doe » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:35 am

On a more serious note......

Barry is way too cool to be seen hanging out with these people. Just a cardboard cutout.
Ancora Imparo

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby John_doe » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:51 am

Smile if your liberal....
No no no, just need a smile Barry.
Ancora Imparo

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:27 am

Raise your hand if (OOPS!) you "forgot" you promised to be out of Iraq in 16 months!

Raise your hand if (another OOPS!) you also "forgot" you promised to close Gitmo (you know, because we would not need it anymore 'cause you were going to get us out of ME wars).
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Mossy » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:00 am

Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote: ... the POTUS lapse in good judgement.

Begging your pardon, but I think showing good judgement would be the lapse.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby NHsorter » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:21 am

Raise your hand if your chose Biden to be by your side so that you could look comparatively intelligent and articulate.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby NHsorter » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:33 am

Sasha & Malaria's new shirts
Attachments
im-with-stupid-O.jpg
im-with-stupid-O.jpg (7.98 KiB) Viewed 459 times
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:58 pm

Whaa! Im offended. Whaaaa!

Call a moderator Whaaa! This is unprofessional and immature. Whaaa!

Why don't you make fun of Bush. It's doesn't look good to lurkers Whaaa!
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby John_doe » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:17 am

Thogey wrote:Whaa! Im offended. Whaaaa!

Call a moderator Whaaa! This is unprofessional and immature. Whaaa!

Why don't you make fun of Bush. It's doesn't look good to lurkers Whaaa!

Anyone have any good pics of gwb? :twisted:
Ancora Imparo

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

PreviousNext

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions